Thursday, March 4, 2010

Family

luau 2-42

Every two years we take a tropical vacation with my family. We all get along wonderfully and the cousins love being together.

luau 2-44

It is really hard to get a good family photo with this many kids.... one of them is always doing something or looking in a different direction!

luau 2-45

luau 2-41

My parents, are simply, amazing parents. They love their family and they love their grandchildren. They know when to step in and they know when to step back. They know when to be a parent and when to be a friend.

luau 2-35

I haven't taken many close-ups of my kids. Other than Lilah, they were all badly sun burnt on the first day. Never have I seen sun burns like they had. They were red for days, their eyes swelled, wrist, legs and ears swelled. Then they lost most of their skin and looked really pitiful. It was not fun. But they are slowly getting back to normal.

luau 2-46

My sister and her family...

luau 2-31


luau 2-19

Then there is Tim. Still hot. Still wonderful. After 18 years! Are we really that old? Does it count that we got married very young? (age 19)...

luau 2-06

The fern Grotto, where romance happens....

luau 2-01

luau 2-30

4 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

I like the red highlights in your hair!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

You have such a beautiful family Paige.

And what a lovely thing to do every two years with your family. That is so so SO great! I wonder if I could talk my family into meeting us in the south? Hmm!

Pre Lilah we used to go south for a winter break every year, but alas Ireland is a little more the obvious choice now since that's where our families are.

It's definitely not the south! ...by any stretch of the imagination! lol! Unfortunately. ;)

So glad you had a lovely break.

Jill

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Oh and that photo of your children all acting silly while your hubby and you just look at each other.

Priceless!

Mommy said...

What a beautiful family! The picture of you guys looking at each other when they are all being crazy CRACKED ME UP! Some day we'll make it to Hawaii...when I convince myself to step on a plane again. ;-) Someday...