Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Na Pali

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. --Job 12:7-10

DSC_1599

I haven't been a lot of places in this world, but the Na Pali coastline is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It is on the north side of Kauai and yesterday we made the 2 hour drive over to see it once again. The waves were very rough and so no one was allowed in the water, but it is amazing to just sit and watch... the ocean can be a very powerful thing. And it is in this spot, more than anywhere else, that I feel God's presence in nature.

DSC_1608


DSC_1575

Lilah was a little scared of the ocean and wanted us to be holding her hand.

DSC_1600

My mom made this dress for Lilah...

DSC_1590

4 comments:

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Oh my, beautiful indeed.

I know what you mean about feeling something powerful when you sit by the ocean. It is amazing, God is amazing. We have no concept of just how amazing He is.

I love Lilah's personalized pillowcase dress. And it's gorgeous on her. I got a lovely one for Lilah last year and I am back on the prowl (Etsy) looking for another one, something different. I just haven't seen it yet.

Maybe your Mum has an Etsy shop?!! ;)

Take care.
Jill

Paige said...

No etsy shop Jill! Just lucky little Lilah gets all the handmade Grandma clothes.... they are only willing to wear those for so long!

Denise said...

What a beautiful scripture to meditate on when in the presence of God's created beauty. It's fun to see Lilah in all those summer clothes - I can't wait for summer clothes again!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

I hear you Paige! :)

We have pictures of us all wearing Grandma's handknit sweaters. I think mine was Little Miss Sunshine!! My sisters had a horse head on the front of it!

It doesn't take long before we decide those are just.not.cool. enough for us! :)

Jill