Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: {Abigail}

Ni Hao Y'all




On Friday, Abby went to a friends house and was invited to go to the Sikh Temple with their family.



She had to wear a sari with a head covering.



She was the only white girl there and did get some looks. Not unfriendly.



They ate rice, curry and rice pudding after. Sitting on a mat on the floor.



As Christians, I love that my daughter can experience something like this. It teaches her to accept and love the differences in all people.



She loves Jesus, and she isn't shy about telling people that she does. It is who she is. It is her life. But she loves her girlfriends and they all except each other for who they are and where they come from.

9 comments:

Karla said...

Beautiful! What an incredible experience to have!

Marie said...

What a neat experience! Definitely something Jesus would have done. I can relate, at least in part, to being "noticed". I have, on occassion returned to the church I grew up in, and always get the looks that say "you know better!" So good to know that God accepts ALL who believe in Him!

Stefanie said...

Beautiful pictures of a gorgeous girl! She sounds like she's as lovely on the inside as she is on the outside!
Great Sunday Snapshot :)

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Love the colours of her sari, she really suits the head covering.

Jill

The Denis Family said...

She is a beautiful girl..both inside and out!

The Drinkwaters said...

What a mature and amazing daughter you have Paige! I love how you support her in friendships and life experiences. I also think she did a great job on her make-up, the yellow eye shadow looks amazing.

Melanie said...

Simply --profoundly-- a.w.e.s.o.m.e!

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a wonderful post to read on my first visit here! I, too, am a Christian who was exposed to many different cultures as I was growing up (my daddy was a Marine). Your daughter is beautiful inside and out.

Gen said...

Lovely. Lovely post and lovely pictures!