Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: {Daughters}

For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also. -- Luke 12:34

abby's dress-12

Today, Lilah is wearing a little dress that was Abby's when she was a little girl.

abby's dress-17

The one and only dress that I kept these 15 years.

abby's dress-01

It makes me a little sad, but also very glad.

abby's dress-16

That one daughter is growing up to be an amazing and beautiful young lady, and that God, after 14 years, blessed us with another precious daughter.

abby's dress-06

Ni Hao Y'all

7 comments:

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Awww, that gave me goosebumps. How beautiful!

It must be such a wonderful feeling (and blessing) to be a mommy over such an extended period, if you know what I mean.

God is so good.
Happy Sunday!

Jill

Stefanie said...

Okay. That is SO incredibly sweet!! I love these pictures, too!
What a blessing that your girls have shared this special dress... a treasure for sure :)
So glad to see you join in the Sunday Snapshot fun this week!

Ellie said...

Sweet! Adorable pictures!! These are so special - do you have a photo of your older daughter in this dress?

I have a few dresses we managed to save from my first daughter and it is so precious to see them on our little Tia!

Tina Michelle said...

so adorable! I am so glad I found your blog.

Monica said...

Love the photos of beautiful Lilah! Our oldest is 15 and since I'm a packrat, I still have most of her clothes. Our little one wore her big sister's dress to Sunday School this week. It makes me wonder where the time went...and cherish the time that's left

Canada to China and back! said...

I love the pictures! and precious hand me downs! I have a dress my aunt sewed me when I was 5 and Riley is just able to fit it now and in a few years God willing Addison will get to wear it:0) I love it when an outfit has a history!
Kim

Chris said...

How precious!!!

The pictures of Lilah are beautiful!!!