Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

"In raising children I have lost my mind, but found my soul." -- Lisa T. Shepherd

mothers day-01

It is really difficult to get a picture with all five children looking halfway normal!

mothers day-02

Notice how it is only the boys???

mothers day-07

Finally...

mothers day-06

We opened a bottle of wine... I had to buy this wine because of the label (it was actually pretty good!) and the back says "Somewhere near the cool shadows of the laundry room. Past the litter box and between the plastic yard toys. This is your time. Time to enjoy a moment to yourself. A moment without the madness. The dishes can wait. Dinner be damned."

mothers day-16

My husband pulled together a fondue supper. A broth fondue for the veggies. And he pulled out the hot plate for the meat. He made many dipping sauces. All I can say is it was wonderful!

mothers day-18

mothers day-15

Lilah LOVED her first fondue. It was a nice slow meal... just her speed! And with asparagus and many different types of meat, what could be better!

mothers day-14

mothers day-13

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's who read this blog!

8 comments:

Canada to China and back! said...

Great pics Paige! Yum-o fondue looks great! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day:0)
Hugs,
Kim

The Drinkwaters said...

Glad you had a wonderful day! What a great idea to have fondue.

Colin and Jill Canada said...

You sure were spoiled, and so you should be! :) You have lovely children, so much to be proud of.

These pictures are just beautiful. You'll have to get them framed.

Jill

Monica said...

Happy Mother's Day, Paige! I love the photos of you with your five children. And I even love that the boys are goofy in the pix - because it's true to life.

I'm glad you got spoiled with some wine and yummy food, and of course, lots of love from your kids.

Beth said...

Such nice pics - goofiness and all! Must admit I was quite taken with the plates! We do stone cooking and hotpot and they'd be great - we'll have to talk. He went to a lot of work for the meal, very sweet. And I totally have to get a bottle of that wine!!

Denise said...

That wine label is hilarious! A genius came up with that one... I love the pics of you and the kids. You manage to look serene in the middle of it all.

Marie said...

I love the name of the wine! Most of us could use one on a daily basis! :) Beautiful kids!

Dawn - AB Family said...

What a great picture with you and the kids :)
We love to Fondue too, but our fav is the cheese Fondues.
Dawn