Friday, May 28, 2010

Off to a secret location!

zoo 1-4

It is really not that secret around here, especially because my husband keeps slipping up and telling people where he is going!

Tim leaves tonight for a country that is dear to our hearts (I wonder where that would be?). We are not suppose to publicize where he is going or what organization he is going with. This organization works closely with the Red Cross and they travel to this country on medical missions twice a year.

Tim will be gone for two weeks. He will be operating and seeing many patients who don't have health care. He will be treating burn patients, cleft lip/palate patients, etc. Some of the stories of these patients are heartbreaking! I hope to be able to share more when he is back... But please keep his team in your prayers!

11 comments:

Monica said...

Safe travels, Tim! Thank you for all the amazing work you are going to do in a country that means so much to our families.

The Denis Family said...

I will be praying! What an amazing experience. Can't wait to hear about it when her is done.! Tell him thanks from a mom who cannot thank the surgeon that did her daughter's repair!

Kim

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Paige, you must be SO SO VERY proud of your man. I am. What an incredible work he's doing.



I will most certainly be praying for his health and travels.

Jill

Beth said...

AWESOME. It will mean so much to those people he touches! Blessings on his work:)

Canada to China and back! said...

We will be praying for your hubby and his team! That is so amazing that he can give back in such a prfound way!
Kim

Denise said...

What an awesome experience! I can't wait to hear all about it when he returns. We'll be praying...

Mommy said...

So exciting! I'll be praying for him. Wish I was going with him to the "secret location". ;-)

Tim said...

Thanks for all your prayers. Please pray for the whole team, travel, safety, health, stamina and the patients and their families

Don't know if I have any internet there or not, will try to pass on info to Paige if I do

tim

Keith and Kelly said...

Very exciting! I will be praying. What a great opportunity.

Marie said...

I'll be praying for both Tim, and you and your kids. What a wonderful opportunity! Makes me wish I was a nurse. . .I would love to do something like that. I have a friend who is currently in Africa working on a Mercy Ship. Blessings!

The Drinkwaters said...

I hope Tim has a safe journey! I bet you and the kids will miss him lots while he is away. We will be thinking of him and the his patients over the next weeks.