Monday, June 14, 2010

Bar-V-Nok

bar v nok-20

Every year our church has a weekend camping trip to Pigeon Lake. I for the most part spend it in the kitchen with some other girls cooking, but we tried to get out as much as possible this weekend because the weather was beautiful.

Eli waiting oh so patiently to go in one of the boats... he would be in it all day if he was allowed!

bar v nok-09

Lilah was excited to go in the boat, until she was actually in the boat.

bar v nok-08

bar v nok-02

Eli is always the clown...

bar v nok-10

Getting out can have it downside apparently. We were sitting around visiting when a stray baseball flew out of nowhere and hit me in the collarbone. I spent the rest of the evening in my trailer with an ice pack and needless to say, my kitchen duties were done. I had x-rays done last night and it doesn't look like anything is broken (there may be something on the collarbone, according to the orthopedic surgeon) but it is likely just some trauma and deep bruising.

Tim playing with the dogs...

bar v nok-15 bar v nok-14

And because I love churches... I had to post a picture of this little church that sits on the grounds.

bar v nok-17

4 comments:

Marie said...

Sorry to hear about your incident. . .hope it heals quickly. Love the pic of the church! It makes me want to go back in time. . .but only for a few hours.

Colin and Jill Canada said...

That first picture is so cool. I love Churches too, especially old Churches. Don't you just love the fellowship, I think occasions like this are great for us, but even more especially for the kids!

And you know, I've heard you'll do just about anything to get out of your kitchen duties!! Heh! I'm kidding. :) I hope you heal quickly. And thank goodness again for your Doctor McDreamy! ;) Glad to see he's home safe and sound.

Jill

Canada to China and back! said...

OUCH! Collar bones can be very tender! I love the picture of the church its a beauty! Looks like you all had a blast & Tim made it home safe and sound! hope you feel better soon!
Hugs,
Kim

The Drinkwaters said...

OUCH!

Hope you had some help getting dressed today - it is impossible to dress yourself with a broken collarbone.

Get better soon.