Friday, June 11, 2010

More from China

These photos were taken on the day of Tim's hike.

china-7

china-5

Yes, the lake is this green. It is pretty from afar, up close, not so much. They are working on cleaning it up.

china-4

china-3

china-2

You think the regular squatty potties are bad... try an outhouse squatty potty!

china-1

These next photos were taken at the hospital.

china 1-1

china 2-1

Three OR's going on in the same room, at the same time. And this next one... the oxygen pillow.

china 3-1

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Really Tim, the potty? Seriously wow, what an adventure!

Canada to China and back! said...

Wow great photos!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

That OR is UNBELIEVABLE!

And the green lake, the colour is awesome! Of course I can say that because I don't live beside it - if I did, I don't think awesome would be the word I'd use! I remember when we were in Guangdong, the Pearl River was so gross and smelly! I had no idea I could hold my breath for so long until I crossed a bridge over it!

Not nearly as bad though as the day we walked down one of the streets in GD and there was a truck, I was on top of it before I realized there was blood dripping through the seams at the side of the truck, onto the street where it was parked. I have never gagged before, but I just couldn;t stop gagging. Honestly it took about 15 mins to half an hour before I got the smell and 'taste' of blood out of my system and mouth. Unreal. When we looked back into the truck, (from far away up the street) we saw dead animals hanging in it, cows or something.

What an experience! I love China, especially GD, the culture was so real. I didn't feel that same experience in Beijing, it was just another big city.

Jill

PS - Thanks for getting my Mum going on that last comment you made about Lilah needing a sibling! Haha!