Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rock the River

This weekend I took my kids to Rock the River
A christian music festival put on by Franklin Graham

We went early stood in line for good seats (a good place to stand close to the stage)
We stood for 9 hours. But we had a great place to stand with a great view.
It rained and sunned, off and on all day - we actually sun burned our cheeks.

We saw a rainbow. A double rainbow. 'What does it mean?'

The bands were great. Skillet was awesome. Starfield came to sing infront of us (he high fived Josiah and his friend and spit on Abby's friend Courtney...). I include the video from just after he was right in front of our group singing. He made off with a free pair of sunglasses...

I had been waiting to see Downhere in concert for a few years and finally got to.

Very entertaining and good messages from Franklin Graham and the artists.


So I got a sore back from standing on the metal floored barricade
...and got a sore throat from yelling and singing along (good thing it was loud - although the really off key voice in the video is probably mine)
...but I got to spend the day with Josiah and Abigail and 6 of their friends.

tim

If you want to watch this pause the music player at the bottom of the blog first


video
Starfield lead singer Tim Neufeld from Winnipeg and now Abbotsford...must be a good Mennonite boy with a name like that

3 comments:

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Hey Paige!

First Tim hijacks your facebook and now your blog!!!

Sounds like a fun day with the kids... spitting,sunglasses, sunburn and all.

Jill

Paige said...

Wow, first he takes over my facebook, now he takes over my blog! Oh well, I am glad he took the kids and it wasn't me standing with all those screaming teenagers!

Marie said...

You had me wondering for a bit...before I realized Tim was blogging...lol! Sounds like a fun time! I'm not sure though that the words "good mennonite boy" actually belong together :) Poor kid!