Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fort Edmonton Park

DSC_0171

Today was free admission to all City of Edmonton attractions. Because we had family here this weekend, including our niece and nephew, we decided it would be fun to go to Fort Edmonton Park.

forted1

It was a bit insane, but a great opportunity to step back in time for awhile and imagine what it would have been like to live in the 1800's or early 1900's.

forted2

Fort Edmonton is down by the North Saskatchewan River and at this time of year it is so amazingly beautiful!

DSC_0178

Eli is at camp and so he missed out, Micah doesn't pose well for photos right now... but Josiah and Abby were willing to put up with me a my pathalogical picture taking once more!

DSC_0135

DSC_0139

DSC_0144

DSC_0142

forted3

5 comments:

arnie&bekah said...

your pictures are beautiful!

Paige said...

Isn't she amazing,

I'm with the hot photographer...

tim

I need all the help I can get

Colin and Jill Canada said...

These photo's are fabulous Paige. I just love love love the one of Josiah - the colours are fabulous and he looks like he's grown up so much taller recently.

Jill

Monica said...

Beautiful! The first one of the dancer and your collages are my favourites. We go there all the time but I've never thought to take pictures of signs like you did (e.g. the midway and the loveable housekeeper - I always snicker about that one). It's so interesting to see your view of the park!

Marie said...

Beautiful pictures! We have never visited the place, but it is on our list of "places to visit".