Friday, November 19, 2010

Welcome Home

We didn't arrive in Edmonton until 11:30 pm last night and so the boys were sleeping when we got home. Abby and my mom came and picked us up at the airport. Friends of ours, Doug and Nancy and Craig and Shawna, were there to welcome us, which was amazing considering the time and the weather.

We had a long night. We slept from midnight until 2 am, then were up until 6 am, then back asleep until noon. Lilah slept the best out of all of us, but woke up a few times.

Zoe did really well today. She spent the day checking out the house and the toys. She still can't find the bathroom and usually leads me into the pantry by mistake. She loved playing with the other kids (we kept them home from school today) and laughed a lot. She was very ready for bedtime tonight and went to sleep quickly. Hopefully, she won't wake up and realize I am not there.

DSC_0286

DSC_0298

We celebrated with a welcome home cake.

The kids all enjoyed the gifts we brought home for them.

DSC_0269

7 comments:

Denise said...

Hope you all have a great nights sleep tonight and feel a little bit recovered by tomorrow. She looks so delighted with her cake - adorable!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

I have a huge grin on my face right now. God is SO good.

I see your new girly likes her cake! And who wouldn't. :) What a special day. I can just imagine how happy your house was with the kids all home from school.

What a blessed family.
Jill

Canada to China and back! said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. Look how sweet Miss Zoe is. Praying that you get over the jet lag really quick :) Yesterday was definetly a stay at home day! BRRR!

Hugs,
Kim

Marie said...

I love the expression on Zoe's face! Precious! Praying you will all get over the jet leg very quickly!

Monica said...

What fun you must all be having in your house together! (I love big families!!!) That was a nice idea to keep the kids home from school that day. They must have been so incredibly excited to meet their lil sis!

Here's hoping the jetlag vanishes soon!

Ellie said...

WELCOME HOME!!! It looks like the adjustment is going really well - YAY!

Praying that the transition will go smoothly and your beautiful Zoe will merge right into your family!

Canada to China and back! said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and your sweet family as I prayed this morning. Hope you are all doing well. I know how hard it is to fit in blogging when you are first home, so I will patiently wait to here your updates :)

Blessings,
Kim