Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Zoe

DSC_0164-1

What a little joy she is. It amazes me how adaptable these kids are. She has welcomed all these new changes in her life with so much joy and happiness. She is a little ham... she walks around the house being silly and laughing. Physically, she is walking with better balance and has learned to do stairs (at 3 1/2 years she couldn't walk down steps without falling). She goes to sleep like a little dream, as long as she is next to my bed and has gotten many kisses first.

DSC_0162-1

Zoe's food issues have disappeared since we came home. She doesn't need to eat constantly or hide food in her pockets. She is adjusting to our different types of food, but is a really good eater and is willing to try anything. She is picking up english quickly and things will come out of the blue. The toilet paper ran out yesterday and she said to me "All gone!". We are working on using "Please" to get what she wants, instead of whining, and she is beginning to figure it out.

DSC_0163-1

She is so affectionate! She is always giving kisses and asking for kisses in return. She wraps her arms around you and hugs you tight. She still needs mommy to be very close and if I go off to do something, she is calling for me, to make sure I am there. She is slowly opening up to her daddy.

We are completely in love with this girl! She has the sweetest laugh, the softest voice and the chubbiest little neck to kiss.

DSC_0161-1

You Are Mine

I did not hear your first breath,
Nor see your first step,
But you are mine.

From our hearts to our home,
With God's love from above,
You are mine.

Once a thought in my mind,
Only God knew the time,
Now you are mine.

-- Denise A. Johnson


I am joining in on Black and White Wednesday.

17 comments:

Shawna said...

Wow! She is just so beautiful, I'm so glad to hear that she is adjusting well.

The Denis Family said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful girl!

p.s. very fun camera bag!

justine said...

absolutely beautiful!

Monica said...

Tears of happiness for you. Enjoy that precious little one!
Blessings

likeschocolate said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations on the new addition to your home. I am curious after 4 why you choose to adopt. I am going to have to look around a little more to see your journey. Happy Thanksgiving!

Danae said...

What a lucky mama you are!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

You are a lucky Mama indeed. She is absolutely breathtaking.

Kisses, hugs, happy, sweet, gorgeous, smart - what is not to love about her...

Love love love these shots Paige.

Jill

teresa said...

I am so very happy for you guys - and so thrilled that Zoe gets to be a part of your loving family. I'm sure Christmas will be extra special this year. Enjoy!

Denise said...

What a sweetie - and such a blessing to you already! God is so good.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Sounds like things are going very well. It's a wonderful age, isn't it? all the best.

Beth said...

I can just imagine all the laughter in your place! Those are stunning shots of her and she just exudes joy:) So glad things are settling in nicely.

Erika B said...

She is simply beautiful! I can tell by the shots that she has the same special need as my youngest. Beautiful portraits and stunning BW.

Erika B

erin said...

I just need to tell you that the poem you posted here made me cry.... again. I seem to cry or get close everytime I read your blog! Congratulations on your new "baby". Can't wait to meet Zoe!

Dixie-Lee said...

One of her pictures has a special place in my office. Just can't wait to meet her -- although I know it will be some time before that happens. So glad to hear that she is adjusting and she has such a beautiful spirit.

Marie said...

What a sweetheart! She sounds like a gem! So glad things are going well. Love the poem!

Canada to China and back! said...

Sweetness! She is sheer sweetness :) You are one blessed Mommy.

Kim

Monica said...

Zoe sounds like such a joy! And she is so, so, so cute!

ps - I love that rich brown bow / headbannd on her. It looks gorgeous on her!