Monday, December 6, 2010

JJ Heller - What Love Really Means (Official Music Video)



This is my favorite song right now. Why is it so hard to love some people? I am a very guarded person and I do distance myself from people who continually hurt me, but I still try to love them.

This past week, we having been dealing with a stolen cell phone. It was stolen at school, during gym class. I talked to Rogers and got all the numbers that were called on it after it was stolen and I called those numbers, trying to figure out who took it. I found out very quickly. I do not know this boy, but my heart has been aching for him and for his mother. I told the school and they tried to deal with it and got now where and they encouraged me to call the police. The police took it very seriously and were there within the hour. I talked to this boys father, and last night, his mother called me. I could tell how upset she was, she didn't want the law involved. But when I spoke to the police officer, he was very encouraging. It is all about prevention.

But how do I know how my act has affected this boy? He is young, he has been in some trouble before... is this something that will help him or hinder him? I have been praying for him and his parents, particularly his mother. I guess that is all I can do.

This song also makes me think of all the orphans without homes... they just need love, and as much as we like our safe, little comfort zones, can there ever be enough done to help these children?

Anyway... words to dwell on and live by.

6 comments:

Shawna said...

It's a beautiful song about God's amazingly beautiful unconditional love. You did what was best in the difficult situation you were given, prayer is the best weapon. I pray too that he gets to see the amazing love he could have.

Canada to China and back! said...

Goodness Paige your killing me!(Just kidding!) How do you know when you have enough children? I am struggling with that question right now!!! If I live by this worlds views I have more than enough....If I listen to the whispers God is giving in my quiet time, we still have room! Yikes! How did you know when you were ready for Zoe?

I will pray for your cell phone situation. It must have been very hard to call the police, however this could truly be a huge wake up call for the young man.

I think you are a wonderful, wise and courageous woman & I hope one day we can meet!

Hugs,
Kim

Danae said...

Paige, the fact that is boy and his mother have been on your heart and that you have been lifting them up in prayer is an inspiration.

I just heard this song the other day on the radio while driving and just about had to pull over due to the tears pouring down my face. What an absolutely moving song.

I'll pray that God continues to give you wisdom & peace on how to move forward with the situation.

Beth said...

Wow Paige, that's a beautiful song!
Tough situation with the phone but you have to believe you did what's best:)

Denise said...

This song strikes me every time I hear it. It's not even just the orphan that could be asking this question - there are children in our own communities that are abused and hurt by the ones who should be loving them. It's overwhelming to think about. But so comforting to know we can try to pass on this love (God's perfect love) to our children - and hopefully they will continue to pass it on as well.

The cell phone situation sounded tough - good for you for following through on it. Hopefully it makes a positive difference in the boy's decisions in the future.

Colin and Jill Canada said...

I agree with Denise, so many children are hurting in this world. Whether it be on our doorstep (broken families, homeless, etc.) or in other countries. We have so much to be thankful for, the Lord has blessed us. And prayer, thank God that we can come to him in prayer - what a gift.

I don't know where I'd be without the grace of God and prayer.

That is a tough situation, but you did the right thing. And the fact you are praying for this boy, well that means so much - you did it out of love for this boy.

Jill