Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ice on Whyte

DSC_0036-2

This year, Ice on Whyte 2011 has a Chinese theme. Nine ice and snow carvers came all the way from Harbin, China to work along side with Canadian ice and snow carvers. Together they created a Giant Ice Dragon Slide, Ice Pagodas, a Great Wall, a fantastic Children's Play area and much more.

DSC_0047-1

DSC_0026-2

There was an ice maze.

DSC_0055-1

There were ice slides for the children.

DSC_0073-1

DSC_0058-1

Zoe loved it. Lilah... not so much.

DSC_0069

DSC_0070-1

DSC_0074-1

The detail of the carvings were amazing.

DSC_0049-1

I discovered that ice is not easy to photograph! Especially with crowds of people in the way.

DSC_0052-1

5 comments:

the meaklims said...

Wow Paige, looks like so much fun! I was shivering a little watching those girls going down the ice slide! :) I love the ice maze - and what a sweet shot it was too. Did you do any post processing on it?

Jill

PS - Sorry I wasn't more help to you with the PSE. Let me know if you need more specific help. I haven't done any 'action' downloads recently (in the past year) and I'm a bit rusty. Did you use the Pioneer Womans presets? I know her stuff is really easy to use and she usually even has instructions. Let me know. :)

Marie said...

What an amazing exhibit! I would love to take my kids...I'm sure they would love it. Love the shots of the kids! Gotta love this warm weather!

Monica said...

Wow, this is so cool (no pun intended)! I had no idea it was a Chinese theme this year - don't know how I missed that. Great photos! If you found ice difficult to photograph, it sure doesn't show!

Monica said...

Gorgeous photos! Must have been amazing to experience with the kids.

Danae said...

What a neat event to have so close to you and very cool that it had a Chinese theme.
Lilah's ice slide pic was pretty cute...lovin' the way she had her arms up and legs out:)
Beautiful pictures as always, would never know that you had any difficulty getting a good one!