Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Last Train Home - Official U.S. trailer

I haven't seen this film yet, but my mom went to see it last night and said it was amazing. It has won many awards.

It follows a family from Sichuan (where Zoe is from) as the parents leave their two young children with their grandparents to go work very long days sewing in a factory in Gaungzhou (where Lilah is from). They can only go home once a year on Chinese New Year, if they can even get a ticket on the train to see their children. It shows the pressure they put on their children as they try to make a better life for them and want to see them succeed because of it... do they? You will have to watch to find out.



I am not sure when this will be out on dvd, or when you will be able to watch it online. I am keeping my eyes open. Right now it is showing in the theaters that show foreign films.

6 comments:

Marie said...

It looks like a "must see" film.

the meaklims said...

It breaks my heart, that these families who I'm sure would love to, but can't even raise their children.

I can't even imagine.

I'm sure your interst is very peaked that both your girls cities are involved in this production. I'm so glad you posted about it, because I;d love to see it, even though I know I'll need a bucket load of kleenex.

Jill

Danae said...

Paige, thank you. As difficult as they are to watch most times, I love documentaries…especially those having anything to do with Cambodia and now China.

Aaron and Erica said...

Wow...thanks for sharing this trailer. I hadn't heard of this movie but I'll definitely be looking for it when it comes out on video.

Canada to China and back! said...

Wow, this looks like it will be very good! Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Bonnie Brentnall said...

Thanks..will have to see.