Friday, January 28, 2011

Pucker Up!

DSC_0225

After a Chinese New Year photo shoot this week, I gave the girls these suckers as a treat.

DSC_0221

The photo shoot was a bit of a gong show, Zoe did not want to cooperate at all, but I did get some decent shots.

DSC_0218-1

I know people use many things as a little home studio, but for my girls, I used an old roller blind. It is white on one side and beige on the other side. I tacked it up in my kitchen, where I have some great natural light and it worked really well.

DSC_0217-1

Also, so many people I know have been given referrals in the past couples of weeks, it warms my heart!

None of these families have had an easy journey, it has been a rollercoaster ride for all of them, and for some of them it still is... but God has placed these beautiful children in their lives and soon they will be home.

A couple that was in our original LID group for Lilah, has received a referral for a 3 year old boy from the China Waiting Child program, and he is gorgeous.

A couple that we have journeyed with on both of our adoptions is committed to adopting a precious one year old girl, from Haiti, and are in the process of fighting hard to bring her home.

Another couple has received a referral for siblings from Ethiopia, a boy and a girl, and they too are beautiful and should be home in the fall.

This journey is an amazing one, it brings people together in an amazing way and forms relationships with people far and near. It opens our eyes to something that few people ever get to see, something you cannot turn away from and wouldn't want to.

In you the orphan finds mercy. -- Hosea 14:3

7 comments:

Canada to China and back! said...

Those suckers are hillarious! Where did you get them? Yay! For all the new families being formed, I love hearing about families opening their hearts to another child:)

Kim

the meaklims said...

Haha! These are too funny. I bought Lilah one of these exact suckers this week too, but I am keeping it as a prop for Valentines! :)

SO great to hear the good news you posted about. It warms my heart too - seeing these children find their forever families. Haiti was one of our choices going into adoption, it is a tough one though and I'm sure the journey is a hard one, but well worth it.

Jill

The Denis Family said...

cute photos. I bought the same suckers for my girls for valentines day...I'm hoping hey will pose for photos too....

Exciting about the children who are orphans no more...makes me rejoice everytime. Those stories never get old!

Beth said...

Those are the funniest! So cute those two:) So nice to hear of new families being created!

Monica said...

Omigosh, these pictures are hilarious! I love them both but especially the second one where they are both studying each other. So funny and cute!

Your backdrop is perfect and perfectly placed - the natural light is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing how you achieve some of these looks!

Marie said...

Hillarious! Love those puckered lips!

Bonnie Brentnall said...

This is just too too cute. Pretty little girlies with great bib lipies!!