Saturday, January 15, 2011

Seven

DSC_0033

Img0004

Seven years ago today, I woke up in the morning and told Tim that I would be having the baby that day and that if I called him at work, he needed to answer.

He told me I couldn't have the baby that day, as his day was very full.

A couple hours later, I drove my kids to a babysitter and then drove myself to the hospital.

Tim did come and was there the whole time.

One year later, we celebrated Micah's first birthday. He wasn't feeling good that day...

DSC_0264

This year I combined Micah and Eli's birthday parties because they both wanted to do the same thing. Go to West Edmonton Mall to Galaxyland, my most favorite place in the world (NOT). We then went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for supper and then home for cake and presents.

DSC_0025

DSC_0032

DSC_0042

DSC_0044

The boys friends all stayed for night and we had waffles and Eli's birthday cake in the morning. It was a great way to do the parties and get it all done in one shot... and there wasn't even any complaining about having to share the spotlight.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Great photos as usual! I'm with you on the mall, not my favourite place. I avoid it at all costs.
Love the cake! Very creative:)

Monica said...

Happy birthday to two of your handsome sons.

You make the coolest cakes!

the meaklims said...

I grinned the whole way through this post. Tim's comment, you driving yourself to hospital, your love for Galaxyland, your love for getting 2 birthdays over in one shot and your two beautiful boys.

Wow Paige. I know and you know, you are one blessed Mom!

Can I also admit that I am TOTALLY envious of your cake decorating skills. You never cease to amaze me.

Happy Happy Birthday to your two boys.

Jill

Marie said...

What a cool cake! I think I may have to combine all our fall/winter birthdays into one party...one instead of 4!

Canada to China and back! said...

Awesome cake!!! I'll have to show my boys! I am sure they had a blast a Galaxyland. I am sure it was great to have two parties in one :)

Kim

The Drinkwaters said...

Happy 7th Birthday Micah! His eyes are just as expressive at one as they are at seven.

Hope you ALL had a wonderful time at West Edmonton Mall.

The Denis Family said...

Great Cake!!! So you know if we ever come to visit...our girls will want to go to Galaxyland!

Danae said...

That cake screams boy and sugar high! Job well done…on the cake and that boy of yours!