Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snowed In

We woke up to a lot more snow this morning. And it is suppose to continue for a few days yet.

DSC_0235

I sent everyone out - except for me of course! - to shovel the driveway.

DSC_0209

I even took these photos from inside the house. Some of us (including Lilah) do not enjoy the cold.

DSC_0246

DSC_0258

Abby is in Red Deer for a basketball tournament and they may very well be stuck there. The highways are listed as critical. They don't play their last game until 7 pm and then they would also have to drive in the dark.

DSC_0249

I guess all this should be expected when living in the great white north. Sometimes I wonder why we torture ourselves so...

9 comments:

Dixie-Lee said...

Just keep all that snow in your direction -- we don't want anymore over here LOL The kids are so cute all bundled up.

Canada to China and back! said...

Hey Paige, praying for your Abby girl! Its stopped snowing here for now. Hope you have a great weekend, and you girl gets home safe!

Hugs,
Kim

the meaklims said...

Now THAT is a lot of snow! Can't believe you sent all the kids out...haha! Colin had Lilah out in the sleigh this morning too, although we didn't get a lot of snow at all.

Praying for Abby. I hope they don't drive.

Jill

Danae said...

I kinda feel the way Lilah looks about snow....I love looking at it just not being in it!

Bonnie Brentnall said...

OMG! Wish you were back in Atlantis?

Marie said...

Oh, but it's sooo beautiful! Makes for great photos!

Denise said...

I love Zoe's gloves on backwards - Amara hates her thumbs in the thumb holes and always has goofy looking gloves too :) The snow is insane - I'm just so thankful for a vehicle that can handle it well.

Monica said...

As much of a pain the snow is, I've actually enjoyed having a couple of self-imposed snow days!

Too funny that you took these shots from inside! They still turned out great!

Ellie said...

I love the snow - but I didn't when we lived in Minnesota. Well I always like the first few snowfalls.

I sent my kids out and am inside all warm and cozy also :)