Friday, March 4, 2011

Sisters

DSC_0060-2

You know full well as I do the value of sisters' affections: There is nothing like it in this world. - Charlotte Bronte

DSC_0054-2

Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. -- Emily Dickinson

DSC_0053-2

Somehow destiny comes in to play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. It's something quite magical. -- Nicole Kidman

DSC_0057-2

As I sat watching Abby and Zoe play this morning, it amazed me... the relationship that sisters can have, even when they are 12 years apart in age. Both Zoe and Lilah love Abby and even though she is the size of an adult, they do still view her as a sister and not just another parent. I know they will always look up to her and they will always be a bit in awe of her, and hopefully, she will inspire them as they grow.

DSC_0056-2

9 comments:

The Denis Family said...

I love the last picture where Zoe has her hand on Abby. Pure love

the meaklims said...

I can hear Zoe laugh and I can totally feel the love in these pictures.

Jill

Danae said...

Love that last picture too....so sweet and so gentle, sisterly love.

The Drinkwaters said...

There is nothing like sisters... I come from a large family and I loved having older (13 and 15 years older) siblings - although at times I'm not sure the feeling was mutual! These are beautiful pictures of the girls.

Patrick and Christina said...

Sister's rule! I have 5 younger sisters and the bond can be strong (no matter what the age difference in years). You have captured a special moment between your girls....sweet pictures!

Canada to China and back! said...

These pictures are priceless, you can feel the love they have for one another in each of them. They are so blessed to have each other!

Kim

Ellie said...

My Tia is here because I felt it was necessary for Bella to have a sister! The same reason my mom had me (for my sister to have a sister!)

Sweet photos of your girls sweet love and affection for each other :)

xo ellie

Marie said...

Precious photos. Love the last one. It looks like Zoe has a "soft place to fall" in Abby. What a wonderful blessing!

Denise said...

Very sweet. Even though they are so far apart in age, I'm sure they will still be friends - esp. as the little ones grow older. Sisters really do have a special bond.