Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Ready for Easter

DSC_0023-6

It sure doesn't feel like Easter. We are in the midst of a spring blizzard, it looks like we should be preparing for Christmas and not Easter!

easter

I have been baking Paska once a day (two loaves each time!). We colored some eggs and decorated them with many Dora stickers. We have been talking about why we celebrate Easter.

DSC_0020-8

And if you have been wondering where the Easter Bunny lives... he lives in our backyard!

DSC_0006-6

This rabbit has been living in our yard for a couple of years... at least we assume it is the same one. He has carved a nice little niche in one of my bushes. He and his many friends have eaten all of the bark off of all the trees in the neighborhood. My kids have named him Fatty McFatfat.

On another note... Lilah had another fill last night. This time done at home by Daddy. It didn't seem any more traumatic for her to have Tim do the fill, and it makes my life much easier! She is halfway there! But I do think that we are now at the point where we will try to stay home as much as possible, not because I care what people think... but because people stare.

And I want to protect her from that.

DSC_0014-6

6 comments:

the meaklims said...

Ohhh, I love those eggs. And the rabbit! Haha! we never see rabbits here, that is funny. Also, I remember drooling all over that Paska, when you made it last year - yummy!

I hope Lilah is doing okay. I didn't realize that her cheek would swell more with each fill. Poor sweetie. You are such a good Mommy. I hope she isn't in too much pain. She certainly looks happy. :)

Oh, and I can't believe you're in a blizzard, although it's definitely cooled down here too - although no snow, yet!

Jill

teresa said...

I've been thoroughly enjoying your paska recipe again this year - thanks for sharing that last year! It is just so yummy and turns out perfectly every time.

Hope your snow melts soon and your family enjoys celebrating Easter together, a first for Zoe!

Marie said...

Thanks for reminding me to get out the Easter stuff. My week has been way too busy.
I didn't realize Lilah's cheek would get that much filler. It is sooo adorable on her...she looks so content and accepting of it. I understand about wanting to protect her...I would feel the same. She is a very brave little girl!

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

I love how vibrant the eggs are & that bunny is AMAZING- love all that fluff!

Monica said...

Your easter egg photos are so colourful and beautiful! I like the focus on the eggs, with kids blurred in the background. Zoe's little pudgy hands are so adorable!

I'm giggling here about the name your kids gave the bunny. It's perfect for that fluffy (overweight?) rabbit!

Yay for Tim being able to do the fill at home! I can imagine it is much less traumatic for Lilah to have her daddy do it instead of a stranger.