Saturday, May 21, 2011

Working hard for what you want.

DSC_0016

Eli has been working very hard for days. He has been bugging me for an ipod touch for the past year and I have been telling him that he is too young and it is too much money.

DSC_0028

He started pestering me again a couple of days ago and I had a little brainwave... I have had so many little annoying jobs that have needed to get done in my house and I never seem to find the time to do them. They always just continued to hang over my head, driving me crazy! I decided that Eli could do them and EARN the money he desired to get his ipod touch.

DSC_0022

The thing about Eli is that he is willing to work really, really hard. Especially if there is something he wants at the end of it. He always does a good job and will do things that his older siblings aren't willing to even try doing. Eli worked ALL DAY yesterday and ALL DAY today. He organized and cleaned my kitchen and bathroom cabinets. He scrubbed the deck and put out patio furniture. He cleaned the inside of the suburban. He folded laundry. He organized our furnace room and storage room. He helped Tim clean the garage. The list goes on...

DSC_0023

All my little jobs are now done, thanks to his help and if it cost me the price of an ipod and made Eli happy... then I am estatic.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Woohoo!! Way to go El!

the meaklims said...

Wow, good job Eli! And smart thinking Mama!

Btw, I ADORE your new blog header! And that first shot of Eli is incredible.

Jill

Marie said...

Yah for Eli and his creative Mom! Our boys also have to earn their spending $...it is amazing how clean the house can be if the boys are saving for something!

Monica said...

Wonderful idea. Eli will appreciate it so much more after working hard to earn his reward. So when ya' going shopping?

Patrick and Christina said...

Great idea Paige...and I hope Eli enjoys his ipod!

Awesome pictures of your handsome young man!

The Drinkwaters said...

I love your new blog look! I wish Sylvie and Mary were a little older so they could help out with some of those big jobs. Unfortunately I don't think I could convince Cory to get some of these jobs done around my house with an IPod touch...sigh...

Ellie said...

Wow. that is a long list of chores! perfect solution for both of you - I'm guessing you feel like a big weight is off your shoulders?!

I think I need to show my kids this post - lol!

xo ellie

Denise said...

Being willing to work hard is an awesome character trait - good for you for encouraging that in him!

Monica said...

Awesome! Great work ethic, Eli!