Sunday, June 5, 2011

Medical Complications

This weekend while we were away celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary in Kananaskis, Lilah developed a small hole by her ear. We only noticed it because there was some clear fluid continually running down her face. The tissue expander (back by her ear) was glowing red and Tim quickly knew that there was an infection. We discovered all this while celebrating at dinner on Saturday night, and as soon as we were done, Tim took Lilah into Canmore to the ER. Luckily, the ER Doctor was very friendly and let Tim take control of what needed to be done.

hole

Tim removed 10cc's of the saline in the expander, cleaned the wound and put Lilah on antibiotics. Once the hole is there it is next to impossible to close again. Each day it has become slightly bigger.

DSC_0002

So this morning we headed off to see the Plastic Surgeon. Surgery is tomorrow morning, bright and early. Luckily, I have an amazing friend willing to take Zoe for the day! I am feeling very nervous and anxious and emotional right now. I don't really do well with surprises.

Lilah shouldn't need to spend the night, if all goes well. The tissue expander hasn't been in as long as they would have liked, so we are hoping for a great outcome, even though the skin could retract more than it would if we had done it on June 23rd as planned.

It is all in God's hands.

17 comments:

Christine and Todd said...

Oh poor Lilah. She looks so sad in that picture. We will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for a quick recovery. Hang in there Mom!!

Danae said...

I am lifting Lilah(& you:)up in prayer even as I type this and I will be tomorrow as well.
Little gal looks miserable....praying for quick recovery.
Blessings & love sent your way- Danae

Christine said...

God bless her. I have prayed for Lilah and will continue to.

Melanie said...

Praying for peace for all of you! Wish I was there to help out. :(

Amber said...

Poor Lilah, that looks so painful! I hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. HUGS

The Drinkwaters said...

Oh my...I am so sorry. We will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery time.

Patrick and Christina said...

Poor Lilah, she looks so unhappy. We will be praying for her (and you) during the surgery!

the meaklims said...

Oh my goodness, hang in there. Praying that this is indeed His timing and all goes very well for your sweet little Lilah. Poor darling.

I so would be emotional too.
You're all in our prayers.

Jill

Denise said...

Poor Lilah... Poor mom! I hope you get some rest tonight to help you cope with tomorrow. Prayers and blessings for you all.

The Denis Family said...

Sweet thing...I've never seen that frown on her face before...breaks my heart. You are right it is in God's hands. Praying here for her tomorrow morning!!! (And for Mommy)
Kim

Beth said...

Hugs. We will continue to pray for Lilah, the doctors and your family and look forward to hearing how the little warrior is doing.

Marie said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! So glad you had a great doctor on hand that knew what to do! God is good! I will be praying for you... for peace of mind,for Lilah, and all the medical professionals involved. Hang in there...you can do it!!!

arnie&bekah said...

Oh Lilah, poor thing!! I am praying that surgery goes smoothly, that her skin is stretchy and that she heals up nice and quick!!!

Canada to China and back! said...

Poor sweet Lilah! It looks painful! I pray all goes well. We will be praying for your sweet girl! And of course you!

Hugs,
Kim

Monica said...

Praying for you all!

Michelle Britton said...

I am praying for Lilah and the rest the family. Hope the surgery went smoothly!

God Is Good!!
Michelle

Monica said...

I'm reading this after the fact - post-surgery. So sorry to hear what a stressful weekend it was. This is the first picture I think you've posted of Lilah in relation to her procedure where she looks unhappy. Poor pumpkin!