Sunday, July 3, 2011

And she's off...

DSC_0056

Today, my sweet girl left for Germany and Vienna.

DSC_0065

I am so proud of her and excited for her!

DSC_0049-2

She will be spending two weeks in Dusseldorf, staying with her exchange student friend Meike. They will show her the sights, she will go to Meike's school with her a few days and they will tour some other close cities as well. She then will fly to Vienna (ALONE) to meet up with some other friends and a Dad, who will take her under his wing for five days of touring there. She will then get on a plane (ALONE) and fly to Frankfurt and then to Calgary, where Grandma is picking her up and bringing her to where we will be camping!

Oh, how I will miss this face and that smile...

DSC_0054

8 comments:

Marie said...

I can only imagine how much you will miss her! I will pray for safety for Abby and that God will give you peace while she is gone...I know us mamas have a tendancy to worry...

the meaklims said...

She is going to have SO MUCH fun, while her Mama waits by the phone!

Lovely portraits!
Jill

Jireh-Shaddai said...

Wow, she'll be near of us!!...i hope she enjoys so much there!!
Jireh

Monica said...

What a fabulous opportunity for Abby! I'm sure she'll enjoy her adventure.

Beth said...

Good for her:) I travelled to see family in Germany starting at 15 alone. I thought it was a great adventure but the thought that I might let mine do what I did scares me! Funny how your perspective changes when you're on the other side!! I'm sure she'll have a fabulous time. Prayers for her safety while travelling are coming her way.

Patrick and Christina said...

What a GREAT summer adventure...but, I get that worry piece. My son is only 3 hours away and I make him call home everyday! :)

At least technology will make it easy for you to keep track of her....did you drop a GPS tracker in her purse by accident???

Many safe travel prayers for Abby!

Ellie said...

these are beautiful photos of your gorgeous girl :)

It will be difficult for you for sure - for her it will be an amazing wonderful experience! I don't know if I will ever be ready to let my children go so far away :(

xo ellie

Liz said...

How cool - I live in Vienna :))