Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mid-Autumn Moon Festival

moonfestival

On this day in China, people travel to spend time with their families to appreciate the beautiful full moon, eat moon cakes at night,
and think about family members that may be far away. It makes me wonder if my children's biological family thinks of them and wonders about their lives.

On Monday, I went to the Hong Kong Bakery to buy a Chinese Cake to celebrate and some little moon cakes. One was egg yolk and one was red bean curd. The girls ate them right up!

On Tuesday, our family went to The Golden Rice Bowl where we had peking duck (they all loved it!).

I almost missed this holiday this year, it fell so early and happened to be in a very busy week. But we do love that we can celebrate these special holidays with all of our kids.

2 comments:

the meaklims said...

I think the cake is a great idea, maybe we'll do that next year! :) And peking duck is a big favourite of ours. I can still remember getting it in Beijing! ...SOOOOO good!

Happy Zhongqiu Jie!

Jill

The Drinkwaters said...

Happy Mid-Autumn Moon Festival!

We too went out for dinner with friends (do you remember Shea and Karla, our friends who were in China at the same time?) and celebrated by eating moon cakes - the girls loved them, but I didn't really care for them.

Wasn't the moon beautiful this week?