Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh, the things they say!

DSC_0002-2

Micah: When Grandma was ten, did she know what a bathtub was?

Micah: I wish I could get chickenpox so I could have a milkshake with a bendy straw and a new video game.

DSC_0007-3

Micah: I wonder what a bee's tongue looks like?

Micah: What is sex? Is that when you dance?

DSC_0005

DSC_0029

Lilah: Where do you go when you die?
Me: To Heaven. But you have to love Jesus and ask him to live in your heart. (Look of confusion on Lilah's face!)
Lilah: How?
Me: You pray a special prayer and ask if he will live in your heart.
Lilah: Well... I will if you want me to.
Me: Lilah, you don't do it because I want you to, you do it because you want to do it.
Lilah: (shrug) Okay. (and walks away).


Lilah: We should adopt another kid.
Me: Why?
Lilah: I LOVE staying in hotels!

DSC_0032

Lilah: When you die, do you do this? (She puffs up her cheeks and holds her breath)


DSC_0024-2

Me: (to Zoe who is laying on the floor) Are you bored?
Zoe: No. I am Zoe.

DSC_0023

Me: My tummy hurts.
Zoe: Then I should drive the car. Lilah and I will sit in the front seat and you and Abby can sit in the backseat.

DSC_0018-2

11 comments:

the meaklims said...

Ah hahaha!

Love that Lilah wants to adopt again just so she can stay in a hotel!! ;)

Jill

Marie said...

Love it! Oh the precious things kids say!

Marie said...

PS: I would love to hear the answer you gave Micah...;)

Paige said...

Marie... that conversation with Micah was much longer, but I couldn't really post it! I told him to talk to his dad!

The Drinkwaters said...

Gotta love those questions! I love what a problem solver Zoe is, did she end up driving you home? ;)

arnie&bekah said...

so cute!!!

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, too cute!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to change the world

Monica said...

Ha ha! Needed that today! Thanks for sharing :)

Beth said...

OH my! I only have two and it's enough for a book so I can just imagine you've got a few volumes you could publish. Ava often asks a lot of death questions - it totally freaks Helena out but there's obviously a whole different perspective at the different ages. I pawn A off on daddy for a lot of the God questions. She always says 'oh I forgot those ones are for daddy'.
Keep yours coming, I love hearing them all:)

Ellie said...

so funny. and time to have that little talk with Micah huh? :)

xo ellie

Patrick and Christina said...

Hahahaha! That just made my day! All of it!
...I hope the talk with Micah went well.