Friday, October 28, 2011

The end of a week

DSC_0021_2

DSC_0015_2

This week has been one of those weeks. Full of stress. No down time. Too much to do. And feeling overwhelmed by it all.

zoe-tutu
lilah-tutu

Tim is stressed. He is heading to China for two weeks for his annual medical mission and the paperwork has been a little slow going and I haven't had the time to help him with it. I am excited that he gets to go and do this trip again. He loves it! But it means me and SIX kids... I am trying to mentally prepare myself for two weeks of busy and that it just might be okay to skip some activities if need be... to keep my sanity.

DSC_0028

DSC_0025_2

Lilah is still having some issues and at some point hopefully I will be able to share more in depth what these are and how we dealt with them, but it is wearing me down emotionally.

Trying to look at the positive side of things... this week is finally over and everything got done that needed to get done. We are looking forward to some Halloween activities this weekend. Our community has some fun stuff going on, the kids have their costumes ready to go and parties to prepare for.

I found these skirts (with leggings underneath) while in Phoenix and the girls love them. Zoe repeats over and over "I am so pretty!" Yes, she is. Despite the stress sometimes... I would change nothing about my life. I have been given more than I ever asked for.

DSC_0039_2

Some difficulties teach patience
Some difficulties teach us to have compassion
Some difficulties teach gratitude
Some difficulties teach us to die to self
Some difficulties build character

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. -- Proverbs 3: 5-6

5 comments:

Marie said...

I hear you loud and clear...lately I've been more overwhelmed than ever before. It is difficult no doubt, but it always amazes me how God speaks. Lately he has been putting the phrase "the joy of the Lord is my strengh" into my mind repeatedly. I will be praying for you...for strength, peace, and wisdom!

the meaklims said...

Aww Paige. Sounds crazy stressful alright. I wouldn't know what to do (on my own) with one little one for two weeks, never mind 6! Totally skip the odd extra curricular activity, or send Abby! :)

Praying for you...for patience and strength. The Lord's way is always perfect, but sometimes He takes us through the valleys in a way that makes us come out the other side feeling blessed.

I know you feel blessed with your beautiful family, your right, you've been given more than you ever expected. I'm thinking about you and praying for you.

Jill

Danae said...

I’m sorry to hear that the week was rough….I’ll be praying for strength and wisdom.

And as for those activities??? Mama’s sanity totally overrides ‘em!

Blessings.

The Drinkwaters said...

Hoping your weekend goes a little more smoothly. Try to take some time for yourself (ha ha, I know!).

Patrick and Christina said...

Oh Paige, I can so relate about your week!

I don't have the SIX kids to factor in but as Patrick is gearing up for the same missions trip I totally understand the bit about mentally preparing to go it alone for two weeks. I loathed single parenting... and I am just realizing that this trip has brought up all the OLD stuff again. Love the Proverbs teaching you have chosen to post...perfect wisdom!
Many blessings to you for posting the less than perfect stuff.