Thursday, October 20, 2011

Phoenix

DSC_0032

This is where I spent my weekend.

We recently bought a house (together with my sister and her husband) down in Phoenix. The house will be our vacation home. A place to escape the harsh and long winters that we have here. A place for our entire family to go together and be together.

poolside

My mom, sister and I went up to shop and decorate the house and to get it ready for Christmas holidays, when we will all be there together. It was a lot of shopping, but the house is ready and we did also get to enjoy some down time by the pool.

DSC_0058

DSC_0037

It was so strange to us to see the landscapers out planting pansies and petunias. This is their planting season as the weather is starting to cool off for the winter. Which really means it is the same as our summer. Our landscaping was just completed and everything is starting to bloom.

One night we headed out to Scottsdale to the ipic luxury theater to watch Footloose. Which was awesome. I am addicted to this theater. Sitting in recliners with blankets and pillows. Drinking wine and eating while watching the movie. Amazing.

I had to bring some treats back for the kids.

astronaut food

And Josiah did break his arm while I was gone. Skateboarding. It was bound to happen. They didn't tell me until I got home, as they didn't want me to worry!

8 comments:

Marie said...

It sounds like a lovely place! I'm sure you will make many wonderful memories there! Enjoy!

The Drinkwaters said...

Glad you had a nice time away with your sister and mom. The theater does sound wonderful - maybe they will start to catch on in Canada too?

Sorry to hear about Josiah's arm. Hoping it heals quickly.

Beth said...

What community is the place in? There are so many of them there now. My girlfriend has a friend that we stayed with but at the moment I can't remember the name. It was about 40 min west. Lucky you guys:)

the meaklims said...

That pool looks so welcoming!

Glad you had fun decorating and shopping with Mum & Sis.

It's always a good thing to have a summer home when you live in Canada! ;)

Jill

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Can't go wrong with a pool in the desert! How exciting!

No Greater Love said...

Well, since I hopped over to your blog from Sunday Snapshot, I had to look around. So, I'll leave you yet another comment. :)

I looooove the Phoenix area. :) My dad lived 30 min. outside Phoenix for numerous years, and it was the best place to visit. You will have so much fun! :) And just like you, I was so impressed with the flowers. I expected everything to be dry and brown, but the flowers are beautiful in Arizona.

And nothing beats the pool, with a glass of wine. ;)

Have fun making so many memories with your family!

Patrick and Christina said...

Congratulations! How exciting to have a getaway from our cold miserable winters! :)

Hope you make some great family memories over Christmas.

Denise said...

Today Amara prayed "Jesus, people no like cold. Please take cold away." Pheonix sounds like a wonderful place to take the cold away :)