Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

DSC_0019

In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God for you who are in Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18). ‘Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is ... At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus to God the Father’ (Ephesians 5:17 & 20).

My mom signed our entire family up to walk in The Water Run. I think this may become an annual tradition... although next year, some of us want to run it. Our family of 15 was the last family to come in! It felt a little odd that people cheered for us, like walking 3K was a big accomplishment, but I guess for the little ones it was!

Lilah sprinted across the finish line as fast as she could!

water run

water run 2

This was Zoe's first Thanksgiving.

I had been trying to teach her to write her name and she wasn't cooperating... but at school... she has started writing her name!

DSC_0013_2

DSC_0009

I am thankful for my family. For my children. For adoption.

zoe and lilah

Picnik collage

6 comments:

Beth said...

I recognize those steps!!
Looks like you all had fun at the run and that's the important thing I think:)

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Oops! Posted the wrong comment on the wrong post! :) I love the idea of doing a run as a family. I tried to convince my hubby and kids to do the 5k this year, but we were too late to sign up...maybe next year!

Monica said...

Way to go! I'm impressed the littles were able to do the run (walk).

the meaklims said...

What a great tradition! Looks like a lot of fun!

Happy (belated) thanksgiving!

Jill

The Drinkwaters said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for!