Sunday, November 13, 2011

Missing Tim



The orphan Sunday post is a bit annoying as the video I posted automatically plays, so you will have to pause it first!

These first nine days with Tim to China have gone by quickly, but we are at that point where it is time for him to come home. The kids are losing it and I am tired.

Tim was sick with a stomach bug yesterday on their one day off, so I hope he is better when he wakes up so he can get back to work.

They are all working very hard, and yet he wishes they could work even harder! They have had to turn some patients away due to OR shortages. They have seen things that you would never see here in North America. But they all feel so blessed to be able to help these people who have gone through such tragedy.

Tim feels blessed that he was able to travel with his dad this time (his dad is a pharmacist) and also with Patrick, who we traveled with to China last November to get our girls. He also loves reconnecting with the team and maintaining the friendships that they have.

By the way... I don't really have to sleep alone... the minute Daddy is gone, Micah sleeps with me!

It is hard to connect with Tim with the crazy time difference, he is 15 hours ahead of us... but I know he reads my blog and so this song makes me think of him.

DSCF0701

china 2-1

6 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, gives me goosebumps to see that photo of the OR. I'm sure they feel so blessed to be able to help. Prayers for his mission and safe travels home.

the meaklims said...

Great song! Can he read your blog in China? I didn't think Blogger was available over there. I'd love to know, because I'm not sure what I'm planning on doing the next time we travel over...

Can only imagine how much you're missing him. He is doing an incredible work.

Jill

Marie said...

My heart goes out to you and yet I know you wouldn't have it any other way...it is so worth it! (It was likely someone like you guys that allowed for our precious Malia to have her surgeries done...thankyou!!!) Praying that the last days will go by quickly and that the kids can hang in there and be super good for you! I know you can all do it, because I know you believe Phil. 4:13 with all your heart! Blessings!

Paige said...

Jill, you can access blogger if you know some tricks... remind me to ask Tim and I will let you know... be sure to have someone you can send your posts to just in case you can't figure it out!

Patrick and Christina said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! It helps to give perspective to what they are going through.

I hope God will bless their last few days of hard work and that they all travel home safely. I also pray that HE provides you with just the right support until Friday! (...or well behaved kids)

There with you in spirit. Thanks for all that you do!

Christina

Danae said...

Praying that the last few days fly by...hang in there my friend!

What a blessing Tim and the team are.