Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One year with Zoe

DSC_0083

Today marks one year with Zoe. This year has gone by so quickly! She has brought so much joy and laughter to our home.

2

She became very comfortable with us, very quickly. I think she instantly knew that her life was going to be better and she wasn't interested in going back.

DSC_0066

4

This girl has a BIG personality. She is very dramatic and her antics make us laugh. She makes it difficult to get angry at her. She is affectionate. She is smart. She is everything that a child who spent the first 3 1/2 years in an orphanage should not be.

1

She is an example of an "easy" adoption. Her paperwork was fast. She adjusted so well. She fits right in. She hasn't upset the dynamics of our family. She accepts discipline and guidance.

We are so glad we can call her ours.

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown

9 comments:

Dixie-Lee said...

I am so happy for you and Tim and the rest of your family -- you are such wonderful parents. I really look forward to getting to know my newest great niece better. I wish we lived closer and that visits would be more than once a year but will have to make the best of it when the opportunity is there.

Marie said...

Wow! Hard to believe it's been that long! "Easy" adoptions are great! In a lot of ways Malia was that for us. I think, at least in part, that is why we were ready to adopt so quickly again.

Danae said...

Congrats on one year!

the meaklims said...

She is beautiful and it's obvious how much she is both thriving in your family and fitting in SO well. Her happiness shines through.

I know exactly what you mean about an 'easy' adoption, that's what scares me so much about doing this again! :) I always have to remind myself that the Lord won't give me something I can't handle, and that's the truth.

Happy 1 year in your amazing family Zoe! And happy 1 year to your family, you have blessed them just by your joy and love for life, and by being part of the family!

Jill

The Drinkwaters said...

Happy One Year together! It has been wonderful sharing this journey with you twice! I believe that Zoe will continue to thrive and grow under the guidance and love of her parents and family.

Patrick and Christina said...

Paige and Tim,
Happy One Year together with Zoe! An amazing little girl in a pretty amazing BIG family :)

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Wishing you many more blessing as your journey together continues.

arnie&bekah said...

She really is such a sweetheart and a gift from God!!

Denise said...

Just beautiful... amazing the gifts that God gives :)

Monica said...

Happy Forever Family Day (or whatever your family calls it; that's our name for it).

Zoe is such a lovely girl in your pictures. I can't believe I haven't met her in real life yet! I'm so glad you too have had an "easy adoption". They do exist! Thank God for the balance that "easy" adoptions offer.

I love the light rays in these photos. They are magical!