Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Along came a boy...

You have all picked up on my hints…

Lilah drew that family photo back in the Spring, when we were just thinking about doing this again -- trying to ignore the calling and ignore the image of his sweet little face in our minds… But she handed me that picture and it struck me hard.

ALL OF OUR KIDS have asked repeatedly for us to adopt again. Our family has a heart for adoption and a heart for the people of China.

There is a long story behind this adoption. One I can't share publicly until he is home and officially ours, as things here are being done slightly out of the norm. Our Province has strict rules on how things are to be done. But I will share eventually.

Introducing our newest family member and beautiful son…

DSC02072

Li Xingui
From Changsha, Hunan, China
Born February 3, 2008

Soon to be Silas Xingui Riegel

We are hoping to travel in the Spring to get him. We were matched with him December 13th and are now waiting for our Letter of Acceptance from China (which means they approve of us adopting him). This letter can take anywhere from two weeks to four months to come. Once we have that letter, we will get our travel dates.

Xingui has been in foster care for three years (which terrifies me) and we believe he is involved with Half the Sky Foundation. His orphanage and foster family have now been told that he is being adopted and we are preparing a care package for him in celebration of this!

DSC02073

We are so excited and feel so blessed to adopt this little boy. I will be sharing more about him and his story soon!

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.-- Psalm 16:11

18 comments:

Mommy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling... Did you check out our news? He lives about 2 hours from TCH in Shenzhen City. God is good, isn't he? We probably won't be able to travel until July. We are waiting on immigration approval before we can send our DTC.

Danae said...

Paige & Family,
CONGRATULATIONS!! He is beautiful. What an absolute blessing. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

Dixie-Lee said...

He is beautiful and I look forward to meeting my newest great nephew.

Shawna said...

YAY!!!!!!

Dianne said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you and your family. Hope the remaining journey to Silas is a smooth one.

Melanie said...

Can't WAIT to meet him!!! My heart is full. <3

Jerusha said...

Congrats! He's so handsome!

Monica said...

Crying happy tears for your family and this precious little boy. I had a hunch it was a boy this time :)

Denise said...

Whew! So glad it's all out in the open now - I hate keeping secrets :) He is so adorable, and somehow just looks like he fits into your family. I hope that having a child from foster care is a blessing this time around. He has such gentle, sweet eyes - I can't wait to meet him!!

The Denis Family said...

Oh! Happy tears for you! He is adorable!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Monica said...

I have shivers! He is so very beautiful. I am thrilled and awed; while I am "done" at two children, you continue to hear AND ANSWER the call for more. I know I've said this before, but I think big families are such a blessing (being one of seven kids myself).

Wow, this post is just giving me a perma-grin. Congratulations on your wonderful addition. I cannot wait to hear his story.

Best wishes and a very Merry Christmas!!!

Monica

The Drinkwaters said...

I am so happy for all of you! I can't stop the tears of joy. Congratulations on this wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!! He is so sweet. He & Blair share the exact same birthday too. They can be buddies. Merry Christmas!
Love, Mel, Pete & boys

Marie said...

Congrats! So excited for you...and a bit jealous! Can't wait to hear the whole story!

Canada to China and back! said...

So wonderful!!!! Congratulations to you and your whole family! Silas looks like a handsome young man and a wonderful addition to your family.

Blessings,
Kim

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!!

Patrick and Christina said...

Oh Wow! What exciting news...Congratulations to the whole family. He looks absolutely precious what a sweet smile!

Blessings,

Christina

the meaklims said...

Congratulations!! So thrilled to see and hear more about your precious little man! He is positively adorable.

Can't wait to see his in your arms.
Jill