Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sweet Silas

"I have seen the Vision and for self I cannot live;
Life is less than worthless till my all I give."-- Oswald J. Smith


This is the very first photo we saw of Xingui.

3339986

How could I not fall in love…

Photo 2

He is only 18 months old here.

Silas has post-operative meningocele. It is a type of Spina Bifida, but his diagnosis is looking pretty good from the information that we have. He walks and runs and is potty trained.

He is said to be introverted and shy. People love him. He is clever and smart.

He was found in a subway station at ten days old and taken to the hospital. He weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz. He had pneumonia a umbilical hernia and a cyst on his back, which was operated on immediately through the Tomorrow Plan. He was in hospital for two months, then transferred back to the orphanage until he was placed with his foster family at eight months old.

He lives in Hunan. I am very excited to visit this Province. It is known as the spicy Province and has some beautiful places to see.

china-map-01

Every adoption from China can be so different. Depending on the orphanage, the director of that orphanage, the location, etc. We have had a short note sent to us from the director and she says this:

"MS ZHAO YING SAID LI XIN GUI IS IN FOSTER CARE.SHE IS VERY HAPPY TO HEAR FROM HIS FOREVER FAMILY.THEY WILL SEND UPDATE SOON."

We hope to meet the foster family (as we did Lilah's) to tour the orphanage (we have never been able to tour the girls orphanages) and to visit his finding spot (also never got to see the girls as they were too far away). We hope his care is overseen by Half the Sky as they will provide a lot of information and photos from his very first days… although not until he is officially adopted.

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.
--- Kristi Larson

6 comments:

Monica said...

He looks absolutely precious!

Marie said...

Your news continues to make me smile...just can't help myself! Praying you can do all the things you are hoping to do...we were unable to visit our girls' finding spots, nor their orphanage/foster home...some day...

Danae said...

I'm with Marie, I can't stop smiling for you!

Denise said...

I can see why you fell in love with him... and I can't wait until you get updated photos and information!

The Drinkwaters said...

He is absolutely beautiful and precious!

Jednet said...

So precious. I don't think he'll have the chance to stay intervorverted and shy once he gets into your family! I'm sure he will come out of his shell. Congratulations.

Dawn