Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

DSC_0041

A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~Author Unknown


love2

How I love my kids! Even when they take gum they shouldn't and stick it in their hair... when they spread toothpaste across the ENTIRE bathroom... when I have to beg them to do their chores... even when they beg and beg for something, because NO wasn't the answer they wanted.

DSC_0035_2

Seven kids may seem like a lot of kids to most people... and it is a lot of kids... but when I look around my table at dinner and see it full with amazing beautiful children... it is overwhelming, in the most amazing way.

love1

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning


DSC_0038_2

Sunday was a day of filling out the cards for school and baking cupcakes. Micah had to give his little sisters Valentine's Day cards.
I love that I get to sit at the counter and help my 4 year olds fill out their cards. I love that I get to read the card my 11 year old made for his "girlfriend". I love that my 16 year old baked dozens of cupcakes for leadership at her school and that I get to watch her as she goes out tonight with her boyfriend of a year, to dinner and a concert. My life has such range.

micah

DSC_0020_2

What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. ~Pearl Bailey Ha! Ha! Agreed!

DSC_0017

Today, I think about Silas and how I wish he could be here and be a part of this family and this day.

lilah1

Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

arnie&bekah said...

You sure do have an amazing family!! Love the pictures!

Dixie-Lee said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and the entire family. Absolutely adore this site as it really does help me keep in touch with everything that is happening in your busy but wonderful lives.

Jessica said...

Happy Valentines Paige, beautiful pics of your very adorable kiddos

the meaklims said...

I can't even imagine having a range like that! But my does it keep your heart young.

Beautiful pictures, very cute dress on Lilah. Happy Valentine's day!

Denise said...

It's wonderful to hear how much you love your children - it's a rare thing in our world, to value children so much. Great pics!

Patrick and Christina said...

Happy Valentines day...beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! (Wishing in so many ways that your wish for Silas would come true very soon).

Danae said...

Hope your day was filled with lots of love!

Monica said...

One of the things I like so much about your blog is that you recognize and write about everyday things that are in fact not so ordinary! Your observation about and enjoyment in the range of your children's Valentine's activities is one example. Your gratitude comes through in every post.