Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Year of Graces

"Joy is always a function of gratitude -- and gratitude is always a function of perspective. If we are going to change our lives, what we're going to have to change is the way we see." - Ann Voskamp

Like most everyone else, I am jumping onto the One Thousand Gifts bandwagon. I love this book. I love the writing. I love the simplicity. I love the thought process. If you haven't read it yet, you really should, it will change your life.

I also follow Ann's blog A Holy Experience. I am inspired by her words and photos each and every day, they touch me deeply. I can relate to Ann's life somewhat. She is Canadian. She has six children. She has a husband who works hard and loves her and her family. She is Mennonite.

Ann encourages us to journal our gratitude. To write them down and even photograph them. I am doing a bit of both.

So here is some of what I am grateful for this January.

gratitude
gratitude2

“Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” -- Ann Voskamp

4 comments:

teresa said...

Just got it from the library a few days ago. It took me a bit to get used to her style of writing, but she has so many good insights. Thinking about writing my own list...

the meaklims said...

Can't wait to check out her blog...and i love this idea, photographing what you are grateful for.

You photography is amazing!

Jill

Denise said...

I love her book and blog... and I love you! Your photos are so beautiful... she has an iphone app to help record thoughts/photos as well - for those spur of the moment things when you don't have time to pull out your real camera :)

Monica said...

Okay, I'll read it! I've been disappointed in my last couple of reads but this will surely not disappoint! Your grid is lovely and so very interesting - I appreciate seeing what you are grateful for!