Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book Reviews

DSC_0009

I have had a few people asking for more book reviews, so here are three of my latest great reads.



I loved this book... I couldn't put it down. It is a memoir of a young lady going through a very difficult time in her life, so she decides to "fix" things by hiking the Pacific Crest Trail for three months. She was someone who had camped as a child, but had never hiked before. Through all her bleeding feet, encounters with wildlife and dehydration, I almost thought it sounded like fun. I could even do it. I couldn't! But I like to think I could...



Another hard book to put down. A story about a mother of three with multiple personalities. I don't know much about this condition, but it seemed realistic and believable. This book could be hard to read if you are someone who doesn't like to read about abuse, but it keeps you going to the end, just to find out what happens. The psychology of mental illness can be fascinating and heartbreaking.



A story about a woman who forgets everything when she goes to sleep and has to start each morning trying to figure out who she is. She has no memories, no identity and no past. She has only one person she can trust. This book is somewhat unbelievable, but a great and well written mystery. Another book you won't be able to put down.

1 comment:

Tina Michelle said...

Aww, Silas is so adorable. Congrats on the new adoption. I put Before I Go To Sleep on my book list. Thanks!