Monday, April 16, 2012

The Perfect Weekend

DSC_0005

This weekend was a perfect weekend of rest and relaxation. My friend Denise asked awhile back if I would go away with her for a girls weekend. Denise and I have very similar personalities where we can sit and read and be quiet for hours... We also have some great conversations and see eye to eye on a lot of things and those things that we don't... we still respect each others opinions.

DSC_0006

We went to a quaint little village called Pigeon Lake. I love it here. We spent time at the spa, shopping at the little shops, eating at one of my favourite restaurants, The Eco Cafe. We read, she studied, I prepared lists, we watched a Dr. Purvis video and we sat in the hot tub each night while the snow fell. We even took in a warm Yoga class.

DSC_0014_2

DSC_0012

I am very guarded when it comes to my friendships and there are very few people that I truly trust. But Denise is a true and forever friend. We started our first adoption journeys together and are now waiting to bring yet another adopted child home in the next while. Denise is waiting for Giselle from Haiti and we pray she will be home this summer!

denise

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

11 comments:

the meaklims said...

How lovely - sounds like the perfect getaway! And yeahhh for making lists!!!

I can't believe you have snow still, that's no fun!

Jill

Denise said...

Paige, you are right - it was the perfect weekend!! I so enjoyed spending every minute with you - you are a very treasured friend. I am just a little bit annoyed that you cropped yourself out of those photos of me... and didn't even photoshop my between-the-eyebrow wrinkles! That's it... I'm going to get Botox done...does Tim do that? ;)

Denise said...

ahhh, wait - these aren't the photos the waitress took, you snuck these of me. Where's the photo of both of us?? stinka...

The Drinkwaters said...

Having a true friend is one of the greatest gifts in life! So glad you had a wonderful weekend away!

Marie said...

So the snow at this time of year is ususally not my idea of "nice", but it sure looks beautiful and must have added a sense of serenity. True friends are hard to find and it sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Denise, you make me laugh...you certainly don't need botox...you're gorgeous!

Tova said...

Agreed. Beautiful pics of you Denise.

Danae said...

Thank you for the video link...I ordered her book awhile ago need to start reading it.

mommathieszen said...

Denise, you are beautiful! Inside and out. What a blessing you got away! Next time it's with your hubby to Haiti! : ) Angie

Patrick and Christina said...

I have been longing for some quiet and reflective time just like that! Looks like you had a great weekend together...now I am jealous! :)

Thanks for the Dr. Purvis link I hadn't heard of her at all. I will be diving into her video resources as soon as I can.

Sharla said...

sounds like bliss! (well all except the hot yoga class anyway) So glad you guys got to get away! You're going to need whatever you can store up for when your new addition joins the family.

Monica said...

This does indeed look like a perfect weekend! I bet it was a great way to recharge, especially given the flurry of activity and emotions coming up soon with your adoption trip.

Beautiful photos of Denise!