Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Girls Princess Party

DSC_0055

On Saturday, we had the little girls princess party with eight of their very favourite princess friends.

DSC_0041

A friend of mine, who does face painting, came to make the girls even prettier than they already are.  And Micah too!

My creation

DSC_0068

The girls were just so happy to be together playing with toys, that I really didn't end up doing too much, other than a couple of games.   It was an easy little party!

My creation


"If we didn’t have birthdays,
you wouldn’t be you.
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you be?
You might be a fish!
Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of
hard green tomatoes."
"Or worse than all that…Why,
you might be a WASN’T!
A Wasn’t has no fun at all.
No, he doesn’t.
A Wasn’t just isn’t.
He just isn’t present.
But you…You ARE YOU!
And, now isn’t that pleasant!"
"Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive...
Happy Birthday To You!
...who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, “I am lucky
to be what I am!
Thank goodness I’m not
just a clam or a ham
Or a dusty old jar of
sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That’s a
great thing to be!
If I say so myself,
happy birthday to me!

9 comments:

Denise said...

The girls all looked so beautiful! Amara wears her little dress up shoes all the time now... So cute :) You throw a great party!

Marie said...

Love Zoe's lips! Too cute! That cake is on my list of cakes to make. It is beautiful!

Danae said...

Paige, you really know how to throw a party and make the day special for that special birthday person!

Where did you get that totally cool candle for the cake????

Paige said...

The candle is from China... we stocked up when we were there!

Jessica said...

what an awesome party!! I love those candles from China..and they cake is fantastic!!! Lots of birthdays in your house in the springtime!!!

The Drinkwaters said...

Seeing the candle brings back so many memories! Glad your girls had a wonderful birthday and were surrounded by their favorite friends!

Monica said...

Wow,wow,wow! This party looks like every girl's dream! Your friend is incredibly talented: the kids' faces are amazing! And once again I am blown away by the cake. You do the prettiest cakes.

Dixie-Lee said...

The girls all look so amazing -- looks like they did have a wonderful time.

Patrick and Christina said...

That looks like an amazing party and an incredible cake. I LOVE the faces! Your friend is incredibly talented!

Happy Birthday to Zoe and Lilah!