Friday, May 4, 2012

Leaving for China

IMG_0075

The day has finally come!   We are on our way to Silas!

If you are a praying sort of person... here are some things you could pray for in the next couple of weeks.

- That we will have safe travels.
- That nobody will get sick.
- That our flights will be on time and connections made.
- That my mom and Micah won't get run over!
- That Silas' foster family will have peace.
- That his foster family is preparing him in a positive way.
- That he will mourn in a healthy way, all his losses, and that he will allow me to comfort him.
- That attachment will be strong and swift on both sides.
- That I can handle all this without my husband there!
- That all will go well at home and my family will be kept safe as well.
- That Zoe will be okay -- she gets very stressed when I am gone.

My next post... will be of Silas!   In my arms!


1 Peter 5:6-7 


Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

15 comments:

Mommy said...

Paige! Somehow I missed you were leaving so soon! I am so excited for you! I will be praying for you!

Misty

fourmorans said...

Yay! Praying!!!

Dianne said...

Soooo happy the time has finally come!! All the very best and I will pray that all goes very well.

Marie said...

Yah! So very excited for you! I will certainly be praying for all those things. Zoe reminds me of one of my kids. It so difficult to have that on top of everything else.

Danae said...

Paige, So excited for you that today is finally here! I am lifting you up in prayer and will be until you are home. Blessings!

Jessica said...

Praying for all of those things Paige. So excited to see the next pics!!!!with Silas with his mommy!!

The Hull Munchkins said...

How wonderful! I've been checking to see when you would travel to get Silas. I hope all goes smoothly and the hearts of all involved will be at peace and ready to love.

We are several months behind you and very interested to see the journey's of other BTDT parents!

the meaklims said...

Oh my Paige... this is the moment you've been waiting for, for a long time... praying for you all.

Safe travels.
Jill

The Denis Family said...

We'll be praying! Can't wait to see updates!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige,
Just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you and all the rest of the family while you are away. So glad the time has finally come for you to get Silas.
Rest in the Lord. Leave all your worries with Him. :o)
Aunty Lois

Denise said...

So glad you posted a prayer list... you know I will be praying for all those things! Also hoping and praying that Micah and Silas will have a swift brother bond :)

Excited for the post showing him finally in your arms!!

The Drinkwaters said...

We will be praying and thinking of you lots during these next few weeks! Can't wait to see the next time your blog is updated.

arnie&bekah said...

Praying for all these things and God's blessing on your entire family!

Monica said...

Praying for all of the little pieces of the puzzle to come together for your trip, Paige. Lifting up traveling party as well as the group hanging at home. So excited for you to meet Silas :)
Monica

Patrick and Christina said...

Finally on your way to Silas!

We will pray and lift up all your concerns...(especially Zoe...I get that part really well).

Grace and Blessings to you on this journey. Can't wait for your next posts.