Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Dance Recital

DSC_0073_2

Can you just say crazy?!

DSC_0119

I am so not a dance mom.

DSC_0084_2

But I did love watching my little girls on that great big stage.

DSC_0114

But is was chaos and a five hour long show.

DSC_0045_2

The girls love dressing up.

DSC_0095

They love putting on make-up and feeling pretty and grown up.

DSC_0018_2

They love having their hair done.

DSC_0008_2

They both did a great job on stage and got a big applause.

DSC_0128

One of them, is definitely a show girl!

DSC_0028

Lilah is all seriousness and doing it all right.

DSC_0067_2

Zoe is all goofy and about being the centre of attention.

DSC_0061

But wow... their beauty astounds me!

DSC_0109

DSC_0139_2




Ni Hao Yall


I am joining in on Sunday Snapshot.

The first photo shows Lilah's personality and her beauty.   She is a very serious and cautious little girl and yet she is the strongest and bravest child I know.

Shot with a Nikon D90 
35mm lens
f5.0
ISO 250
Edited in Lightroom
Preset:  Jillian (pretty presets)

17 comments:

Jamie said...

They are ADORABLE!!!!

Jody said...

Once you get into it, being a dance mom is fun. As long as you're not like the ones on TV :).

What style of dance was the red costumes? I love both of the costumes. They're adorable.

Diane said...

They are soooooo precious!!! Our recital is coming up in a few weeks....oh the anticipation:) Looks like they had so much fun!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
God Bless,
Diane

Paige said...

Jody -- the red costumes are tap. I did this for a few years with Abby too, there are some crazy dance moms! But if the girls love it... we will continue on.

Marie said...

Beautiful girls! I can only imagine how they must love dressing up.

Sara said...

Your daughters are beautiful!

the meaklims said...

Gorgeous girls! I just love that stage shot as well, I feel like I'm in the audience!

You go, dance Mom! ;)

Jill

Dixie-Lee said...

Such beautiful pictures of beautiful girls :)

The Hull Munchkins said...

They are precious!! And so beautiful! Looks like they had fun with it. Don't know much about dance... we are mostly into boy stuff at our house.

Love their smiles

Denise said...

Wow - the outfits are so adorable, but I can't imagine what a stressful day that was for everyone involved! They are so beautiful, and I can only imagine the excitement of wearing make up and having their hair done :)

The Drinkwaters said...

Of course all the pictures are beautiful, but that first one of Lilah. I keep coming back to look again and again...she is simply stunning in this photo. Such a deep expression she projects...I think this is my favorite photo of yours that you have ever posted.

Jessica said...

BEAUTIFUL, thanks for coming to see me!!it was great seeing you and the kiddos :)

Patrick and Christina said...

What BEAUTIFUL little dancers! It makes my heart smile to see them all dressed up for the recital! :)

Lilah truly is stunning in the first photo! Love that she takes it seriously...those are my favorite kids to teach.

No, not crazy at all....totally NORMAL to me! :)

Rhee Gold's facebook page has some fantastic encouragement for dancers and dance moms. He does a ton of work to promote the positives of dance. Love him!

Stefanie said...

Sooo lovely! They both are just shining... I guess getting to have your makeup and hair done will do that to a girl :)
Such sweet shots!

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

Oh yes!!! Recitals are always so crazy- I can't imagine enduring it for 5 hours. We have 3 shows in one weekend all a couple hours long. That is enough for me. I'm loving these costumes- your girls are SO ADORABLE!!

Monica said...

The girls are so beautiful. What little girl wouldn't love makeup, dress up, and hairdos?! So sweet!

Monica said...

Eek - a five-hour long show??!!

But at least you had these two beauties to wait for. I bet they just lit up the stage. They are so beautiful in their gorgeous little costumes, fancy hairdos and pretty make-up. You did a beautiful job on these photos. The lighting is just perfect!!!