Thursday, June 14, 2012

Appendicitis

DSC_0007

My sweet son had his appendix out yesterday.

We thought he had the stomach flu, but after another day of no energy and feeling nauseous we started to wonder... by the second morning he couldn't move he was in so much pain.

Tim took him into the hospital and I met them there once I got the other kids off to school.   By 4:30 he was in the OR.   The surgeon said it was gangrenous and very close to bursting.

Josiah will be in the hospital likely until tomorrow, but as of now, he is doing a lot better.

I want to say thank you to all who prayed and commented on my Facebook throughout the day yesterday.   We felt your prayers.

A friend posted this on her blog yesterday and it was exactly what I needed...

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." -- Romans 12:12

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I continue to pray. Glad they caught it before it burst.

Patrick and Christina said...

So good that they caught it before they burst! Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

He is definitely in our thoughts and prayers!

the meaklims said...

Aww, I'm so glad that verse came at the right time. We both needed it for different reasons.

So glad you got him in before that thing ruptured. The Lord was looking after him... that's for sure.

God speed on his recovery now.

Jill xx

Marie said...

So glad to hear he is feeling better! Praying for strength for you in the next days.

Denise said...

So glad he is ok! Mine burst, and the after affects were worse than the actual attack... I'm so glad they caught it in time!

Sara said...

So happy to hear he is doing much better. May God continue to strengthen him and you all.

Monica said...

Oh, that's scary. I'm so glad he is okay - that you caught it before it burst. I wish him a speedy recovery.