Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hawaii

DSC_0006_2

This was what I woke up to this morning....  what a perfect sight to start our Hawaiian vacation.

DSC_0068

DSC_0067_2

Today, I sat on a lounge chair ALL DAY.

DSC_0070

While I watched my kids play in the lagoon.   Learn to ride the stand up paddle boards -- just let me say my boys are naturals... I think Josiah especially belongs in this environment.

DSC_0025

It is amazing to watch Silas experience yet another new thing... he is just so adaptable.   He played hard all day and just wanted to swim.   I think he fell asleep in about 10 seconds tonight!

DSC_0021

DSC_0060

DSC_0059_2

Many people have asked us why we would come to Hawaii in July... I have to say that camping is A LOT of work.   I pack for a week straight and unpack and do laundry for a week straight after... I have to buy groceries and prepare food, I have to set up camp and take it down, it is exhausting.   Even adding a seventh child to an already very busy crew of kids, makes things even more exhausting and I knew I wouldn't have it in me to do the camping trip this year.

DSC_0055_2

We need to get away and spend time just as a family.   If we are at home, there are always jobs to get done and the phone continues to ring for Tim.   There is just something about getting away... and where better than Hawaii.   Where we will be having a few of these....

DSC_0057

And spending quality time with our kids.

DSC_0086

We did have to leave Abby home this time... she has a summer job and couldn't take the two weeks off when she has just started.   Luckily, she has great friends to stay with!

Lilah did say tonight:  "I miss Abby.   If she were here, I wouldn't have to miss her so much!"

DSC_0038


9 comments:

Danae said...

So great that you could get away and have some full on family downtime. It does the body & family good!
I am sooo not a camper and would never ask why Hawaii over camping, it's a no brainer:)

The Hull Munchkins said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing vacation! Hope you all enjoy your restful fun!

the meaklims said...

Paige! These pictures are so so incredible! Your view is awesome, everything looks so picture perfect!

Aww, sweet Lilah, missing Abby!

Hello? Camping or Hawaii? I think I know the answer to that!! :)

Jill

Patrick and Christina said...

Wow! Looks like you have found heaven on earth! What an amazing family vacation. Wishing you many more "Lounge chair" days. Hawaii would be my choice too :)

Glad to hear that Silas just takes it all in stride.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I have never been to Hawaii so will enjoy through the pictures of others. Again, thanks! Hopefully we will see you in Rosebud in August. Minerva

Denise said...

While I am loving the heat here at home, I would still pick Hawaii over here anyday ;) I'm glad you are having fun!

Marie said...

We just got back from 11 nights of camping...and my hubby was wondering if we should head to the lake this weekend... my answer was NO! Camping is a LOT of work...fun...but not entirely relaxing. It's so much nicer to have someone cook and clean for you...and to have space...we were rather cramped in our little camper!

The Drinkwaters said...

We love camping, but I have to admit - I'd LOVE to go to Hawaii instead! Enjoy your family vacation!

Monica said...

Oh wow, that first photo is so just stunning!

It looks like everyone is having an absolute blast. I'm glad to hear Silas is having such a great time and is adapting to it all so well. (But hey, I would adapt well in Hawaii too with whatever beach was chosen for me!)