Sunday, July 22, 2012

So much to see and do

DSC_0023_2 Please don't mind all my vacation photos. I blog so that our families -- who don't live near us -- can keep up with all that goes on in our very busy lives. As well, I turn this blog into a keepsake book once a year. Our family memory books. DSC_0015 The above photos are from the Painted Church. A little charming church, up high in the hills of Hawaii. DSC_0013_2 This island is so different everywhere you go... one minute you feel like you are on the moon, all you see is black lava rock and the next you are in a lush rainforest, that is greener and more beautiful than anything you have ever seen before. DSC_0001_2 DSC_0010 Yesterday, we headed to see the Volcanos. DSC_0151 DSC_0092 DSC_0096 DSC_0101_2 We walked through a lava tube... DSC_0153 And we hiked... DSC_0115_2 Every morning we head out to the eel pond outside our door so the boys can feed the eels fish scraps we got from a local vendor. DSC_0081 How blessed we are to be able to experience these things with our children. How much more they learn by being here, than they ever could from a book. It makes all the chaos of travelling with so many kids worth it! DSC_0168

6 comments:

Danae said...

I've been waiting for these:)....I always look forward to your travel photos. Thank you for sharing!

the meaklims said...

It looks like such a wonderful trip - I really enjoy going on your journey with you!

Beautiful photos again!
Jill

Patrick and Christina said...

I love all those photo's. They inspire me to take better pictures :).

Zoe looks like she has grown a ton in that last picture? She just oozes athleticism in all those water shots and her enthusiasm just makes me smile.

I appreciate that you share about how the kids are integrating, changing or bonding. It truly is helpful. I am amazed that Silas looks to be just taking everything in stride, it helps quell my anxieties about next little person. Thank you.

Denise said...

It looks amazing there! It's fun to see it through your eyes... but you need to come home now ;)

Monica said...

Oh, I'd love to visit this island. Your photos are totally capturing my imagination - a key indicator that I want to travel there!!

I love that you travel so much with your many children. I can imagine it isn't easy but I firmly believe it is incredibly enriching for kids to experience other cultures, other places and even just the process and required etiquette of air travel, etc. Not to mention the fun, fun, fun they are having!

Marie said...

Hats off to you for travelling with all your kids...it is an incredible gift to them.
I've often thought of having my blog printed into a booklet...any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!