Sunday, August 5, 2012

Spirit of Adoption Alberta

DSC_0205_2

I am so excited to be working with a friend on a new endeavour. God's hand was on this project long before we ever even knew where it would go.

I am not going to say too much about Spirit of Adoption Alberta yet, as it is not quite off the ground and won't be for a few more months. I will have much more information soon...

I have learned that God's plans are sometimes much bigger than ours and when He has his hand on something, everything will fall into place in amazing ways. We are excited to see where all of this will lead and how it will branch out in many different ways.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.


I called Christian Adoption Services (in Alberta) a couple of months ago to ask how I could set up an adoption grant for those who feel led to adopt, but can't afford the cost. Wendy told me that she had received a call from another woman in Edmonton the week before with the same question, a woman who already had some ideas on how to go about doing this. Wendy suggested that we meet and possibly work together to set up an organization to raise funds for adoption grants as well as financially supporting Christian Adoption Services, so that, like many other adoption agencies, their doors will not have to close.

I met with Susan and we were shocked how our visions aligned, as well as our personal lives. We have many things in common. We are both married to surgeons. We both have biological children. We both have adopted children. We are both Christians. We both have a passion for orphans. We both love adoption. And we both just want to do more...

As soon as our website is up I will post more about what we will be offering and how others can help out. I will also post about how those that feel God's call to adopt, CAN, if financial support is needed and what that process will entail.

Meanwhile, you can pray that the rest of our plans will fall into place and that throughout this process we will hear God's voice clearly and obey what he asks of us.

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

God Bless you Paige, for what you are doing. So excited to hear about how you are being led :)

Marie said...

I could hardly believe it when I read this post. How exciting! I am in the process of organizing an event to raise funds for a gal I know. I've always dreamt of doing exactly what you are doing...in fact Kathy and I were talking about this while we were in the states. Heading into our 3rd adoption is more finacially scary than ever before, and I know how difficult it is to find a way to cover the expense of adoption. We have searched long and hard to find financial support and have finally come to the conclusion we have to do something ourselves. If by chance you ever branch out into Saskatchewan, let we know...I would be more than willing to help. Can't wait to see where this will take you ...praying God's guidance and wisdom over you as you plan and work together.
Also, love the verse...I was worrying a while back and it's the verse God spoke to me...how comforting!

the meaklims said...

Very exciting news Paige!

Danae said...

Paige, that is wonderful news! Will be praying for God's guidance and look forward to hearing how this exciting journey and project unfold.

Dianne said...

This sounds wonderful... I can't wait to hear more!

Lori Atkin said...

This brings me to tears...happy tears for all the families that I know are at this time crying sad tears. It is hard to know a child is out there, and alone, and waiting for you. We know what it is like to live each day feeling the call and not be able to get to them simply because of money. Your journey is so full of purpose and I wanted to send my support and admiration for what you are doing. I can tell you first hand that nothing like this is out there now! To help others be able to follow GOD’S plan is… WOW! Praying for you and Susan! Angels to others in need!

Melanie said...

I have tears of joy thinking of how many people's lives will be changed through what God has brought together. Can't wait to see where He takes you!

Monica said...

Oh Paige, this is wonderful. It's always been clear how passionate you are about adoption and I'm moved by your desire to help other families and orphans.

I'm excited to hear more when you are ready to share. In the meantime, I will pray.

Charlotte said...

This is very exciting. How mysteriously God works. I've written another article about fostering/adoption for CSC News due out in October. Your project would give me great material for another article of City Light News...maybe even one of the city papers, for International Adoption month in November. Can we explore some media coverage on this?

arnie&bekah said...

WOW I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! God is good, I can't wait to find out more. I have had this re-occuring thought of selling fair trade coffee to support adoption... maybe one day!! I love that God is using you in this way

Monica said...

Oh, I just saw the link in your sidebar and checked out the website. It looks amazing!!

Sara said...

Such exciting news, Paige! May God bless you richly in this new endeavour for Him.

Patrick and Christina said...

This is great news! I have often looked at all the stuff that goes on for fundraising around adoption in the States and thought we needed this sort of thing in Canada.

Way to go for getting it started! God is definitely going to bless this!

Go girls Go!