Sunday, September 23, 2012

Silas Update

DSC_0022

Silas has been home for almost five months already... how time flies with seven children!

DSC_0013_2

This has been our easiest adoption yet... I keep wondering when the issues are going to surface, and yet I don't think they will any time soon.

DSC_0005-2

This boy is so sweet, so obedient, so goofy, so laid back and so compliant. We rarely have to discipline him, he has picked up our rules quickly and follows them without complaint.

DSC_0008

Silas loves his big brothers, he loves Daddy's car and he loves playing in the sandbox with his sisters.

DSC_0023

Silas learned how to ride a two wheeler this summer and was so proud of himself. We were pretty excited too.

His health at this point seems to be a non issue and Spina Bifida is not slowing him down in any way.

PicMonkey Collage

Silas loves preschool and asks to go everyday. And everyday, when I pick him up he says with a big smile, "I missed you mommy! Did you miss me?"

DSC_0014

He eats everything we give him, but usually has to put his special hot sauce on it. It's not hot enough if his nose doesn't run or his eyes don't water. He is a true Hunan boy!

DSC_0005-2

He sleeps like a charm and has now moved into a room with Micah. He falls asleep within seconds of putting him down and sleeps until 7am, when the rest of the house gets up.

He is such a blessing in our lives!

I am joining in on this weeks Sunday Snapshot.

Ni Hao Yall

These photos were taken with a Nikon D90, 50mm lens, F 4.5, ISO 200.
Edited in Lightroom 4 using Pretty Preset Vintage Spring and Willette's Baby Lamb

12 comments:

Melissa said...

What a handsome little man! So glad he has had a great transition! You have a beautiful family! Blessings!

Ruthie said...

What a cutie! Great pictures!

Patrick and Christina said...

It is wonderful how seamless his transition has been! A true match made in heaven :)

Marie said...

Love how he loves his hot sauce!
It is such a blessing to have an easier transition. If I'm correct each of your adoptions was easier than the last...hmmm...guess you'll just have to keep adopting! lol! I know, I know...bad joke! :)
Honestly, you so deserve having a great transiton with Silas!

Danae said...

That must have been a fun photo shoot for him...getting to be up on Daddy's cool car! I can't believe it's been 5 months! So glad all is going well.

Monica said...

He sounds like a dream! I'm so happy for you that this adoption has been a smooth one. He really is one of the cutest little fellas I've ever seen and it sounds like he totally has the personality to match!

Love these shots with the car!!

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

Isn't he adorable! Love your "photo prop"

Denise said...

I'm so glad he has just fit into your lives so well! Love the photo of him and the hot sauce. I wish our girls liked spicy food...

the meaklims said...

Aww, you know, you would only have to post these photos, without the words, I just know how easy this has been, he always looks so happy and content. What a lovely boy.

Oh yes, and the Hunan spicy food is AMAZING!! He is too funny, holding that jar! :) We got this Hunan beef dish and it actually burnt my chops off!! My lips were tingling and numb and I still couldn't stop eating it!! Haha! We actually had it a few nights in a row!

Jill

Nancy said...

New follower here, but then I realize that I've been here before. We actaully have a lot in common!
We were in China about a month before you. You little man is just precious!
nancy-of the crazy 9
http://nancyvnjourney.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

what a sweetheart! you take such lovely photos Paige!!!

Stefanie said...

He is precious! So glad he has melded into your family so perfectly... he sure looks like a happy guy :)
P.S. LOVE his shirt!