Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Canadian Rockies

DSC_0011

"The mountains will bring peace to the people..." -- Psalm 72:3

This is the verse posted on a sign when you enter the town of Radium, BC.

DSC_0078

We are home from our last summer holiday. Tuesday the kids head to school and another busy school year will begin!

I know I say this everytime we go to the mountains... but wow... how they amaze me! How blessed I am to live here, so close to something so powerful. I am in awe.

DSC_0054

Abby and I headed to the edge of the cliffs one evening to take some photos of the sunset. It was one of those hot summer nights, when you can smell everything beautiful.

DSC_0064

Sometimes I even hand off my camera, just to prove that I was actually there.

DSC_0052

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~John Muir

DSC_0023

DSC_0014

"God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars." ~Author unknown

DSC_0084_2

When you drive by this little pond, it looks like it is a bright emerald green. I wanted to stop and take some photos to try to capture it's "green" beauty, but when we headed down the hill, through the trees and we stood right in front of it, it was no longer green.

But...

DSC_0105

What you couldn't see from the road, was these amazing pink water lilies that filled the pond!

DSC_0096

Somehow, it felt like a little blessing to come across this amazing sight.

DSC_0092

DSC_0081

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." - 1 Peter 1:8

And I just have to add one shot of all our kids...

DSC_0039_2

6 comments:

Beth said...

Again, some awesome shots. I also feel blessed every time we go to the mountains. So lucky we are. My favourite again is the last one with all the kids. It's the perfect way to fit them all in one space. Just perfect!

Danae said...

Your photos make me want to jump in the car and head out on a road trip to explore my neighbor to the north! What a gorgeous place you get to call home.

Marie said...

Love the rockies! We'll be heading to Fairmont sometime in the next few months and maybe Banff...your pics make me want to jump in our vehicle and go today!

Monica said...

Cute shot of all the kids together! It must have been no small feat to get each face actually in the picture and not hiding behind another!

That photo of Abby in front of sunset is absolutely stunning, Paige. And wow, those pink water lilies are gorgeous. You captured their beauty so well I feel like I was there. What a special moment it must have been to discover them there.

Patrick and Christina said...

Paige, Gorgeous pictures once again and an amazing end shot of ALL the kids!

I completely understand your sentiments about the mountains. I am always amazed and in awe everytime we visit. It is as if you simply cannot deny the creation story when you are standing on top of a mountain or witnessing the budding of pink water lilies.

Today is our wedding anniversary...we were married in the mountains so you sharing your pictures is a special blessing.

The Drinkwaters said...

I agree, I am always grateful to be living in Western Canada, I think I would miss my mountains too much to move anywhere else. I love the last picture at the end with all the kids! Hope your first week of school went smoothly!