Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our Christmas

PicMonkey Collage23png

We celebrated Christmas a few days early with my family and then had a quiet family Christmas of our own on Christmas Eve.

We decided to head to a large church for their Christmas Eve service, which was quite beautiful. Then, headed home to open gifts and eat.

PicMonkey Collage
PicMonkey Collage2
PicMonkey Collage3

The kids all enjoyed unwrapping their gifts. Silas was especially excited and kept asking "is it my turn again?!".

DSC_0025_2

DSC_0032_2

As a little girl, I would have loved a doll like this! One the same size as me. My little girls loved them and it was quite amusing watching them trying to haul these dolls around the house.

DSC_0031

Rapunzel's hair is a bit of a pain! Luckily, Abby was willing to brush it out for Zoe.

I came down with the flu on Christmas Day and so it was a bit chaotic with all the clean up and packing that had to be done, so we could leave for Phoenix on Boxing Day. But we made it. And it was worth it.

It is interesting to watch Silas in all this. I still sense that he wonders where he belongs in this family of ours... when we told him we were going on a trip, he ran upstairs and packed his suitcase... almost like he was afraid we would all leave him behind. Breaks my heart. And yet, he doesn't show these emotions physically, he may not even understand what they are, he just reacts.

Hopefully, he will learn to trust us completely. That he is with us forever and we would never, ever leave him.

5 comments:

the meaklims said...

So sorry to hear you were sick Paige. Hope you're on the mend.

I can't even believe the size of that table with all your loved one around it!! Such a fun Christmas day and I too had to laugh at the idea of the girls hauling those lifesize dolls around! Too cute!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

Jill

Patrick and Christina said...

Merry Christmas Paige, Tim and Family!

Love pictures of the huge Christmas table and of your "little" family members. Those are some awesome dolls for the girls!

Safe travels on the way to Phoenix and back and wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year!

Danae said...

Props to Abby for having the patience to comb out that hair! I've had to comb out Barbie hair and I thought that was bad...

Enjoy that Arizona sunshine and Happy New Year!

Marie said...

Hope you're feeling better! :(

Those dolls are huge...every girls dream!

Looks like a lovely family Christmas. Belated Merry Christmas to all of you!

Monica said...

Happy New Year! (I'm just a tad behind on blogging...)

Awesome Christmas photos, Paige. It looks like such a fun time in your house. Those big dolls are awesome. I got something similar (but not a princess) when I was six and I loved it!

Sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays. I hope everyone in your household is now well and that your year is off to a great start.