Thursday, December 20, 2012

Preschool Concert

2012-12-18 17:51:57 from Paige Riegel on Vimeo.


Silas' concert was very sweet. Silas played the cow and practiced mooing for weeks!

In the video you can hear Zoe laughing and giggling and that is the reason Silas is saying sssshhhh!

Today, Silas was playing a Chinese animal game on the iPad and showed me a picture of a pig. He was excited and told me he had had a pig in China, that was black and lived in his home.

I continued trying to get more out of him -- I think it is hard for him to share his past due to language translation -- but he told me he lived in a tall, pink building with an elevator and that he had to walk to school with his YeYe and the girl who lived with them. I assume this was his foster mother, since their were no other children in the home.

It will be interesting to see what else we can get out of him as time goes on... he does get very excited about anything Chinese. At the same time, he is now saying he is Canadian!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

oh my how sweet. I absolutely love all the kiddos costumes. I am sure Silas has some interesting stories to share.

Marie said...

Silas is incredibly adorable!

It's so interesting to learn more about our kids' life in China. I'm sure there is much that Silas could tell you, and will eventually tell you.

the meaklims said...

Mooing for weeks?! Oh my dear, that is the sweetest thing ever!!! So neat that he comes out with some of his history, I know you are, but keep writing this stuff down, so neat.

Jill

the meaklims said...

Btw, he is incredibly SWEET in that movie! Reminds me a bit of Phebe, in ways. Maybe it's because she also does that shhhh and puts her finger on her lips, when we're at Church! :)

Jill

Patrick and Christina said...

Just catching up on the blog roll!
Oh my is Silas a sweetheart! :)

How neat that he remembers so things and can now express himself as the language strenghtens! Will pray that he is able to tell you more and more.

Melanie said...

Impossible not to have your heart melt with that guy!