Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh, the things they say!

DSC_0009_2

Zoe: Mom, look at the picture I made for you! It has diamonds on it."

Walks away singing: "Shine bright like a diamond, Shine bright like a diamond".

DSC_0031_2-2

While at Silas' Christmas concert, Zoe turned to me with her hand on her chest and exclaimed "Mom, HE is SOOOO handsome!" I asked her who.

She pointed at the pianist, who was in his twenties.

DSC_0001_2

Lilah: Mom, today we learned a grade five word.
Me: What is it?
Lilah: Lycanthropy
Me: What does that mean?
Lilah: I don't know!

We had no idea what this word meant, so we looked it up. It means the ability or power of a human being to transform into a wolf, or to gain wolf-like characteristics.

When we asked Lilah a week later, what her new word was, she still remembered.

Lilah may not come out with the funniest things, but she does come out with very smart things. Every week she will tell me they have started a new author and what that authors name is... she will tell me everyday exactly what they did in school and what she learned and what letter they are doing.

DSC_0105

Micah: Mom, you lied to me!

Me: About what?

Micah: There is no Santa Claus!

Me: What do you mean?

Micah: I am eight years old, I know these things!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Your kids are funny! It's neat how their personalities shine through in their comments.

Jessica said...

love what kids say, lilah is one on the ball, bright kid!!!

Patrick and Christina said...

Oh boy...they must keep you busy! :)