Sunday, February 3, 2013
Silas is 5
Today, is Silas' first birthday with us as a family. Today, Silas is five.
Since the first day we got Silas, he has been obsessed with marital arts and anything Power Ranger Samurai. So that was the theme of his party.
We invited a couple of his little friends over for a Power Ranger Training Camp, led by our very own black belt Samurai Master -- Daddy.
The boys had to complete six stations.
1. "Careful" - walk on a plank over an alligator pond.
2. "Teamwork" - sort coloured balls into bins labelled by colour.
3. "Help the good guys" - find the injured samurai's, and bandage them up.
4. "Defeat the bad guys" - knock down stuffed animals with bean bags.
5. "Strong" - use swords to hit oncoming fireballs, red balloons.
6. "Final Challenge" - training with the black belt master samurai.
I didn't get any photos of the the board breaking and kicking... I had to run out and get Abby, who was at a basketball tournament.
After each station, each boy was given a prize to add to his loot bag and received a medal at the end. They also had their own water bottles to drink from during their training.
The party was a lot of fun! We finished up with cupcakes and fruit and many presents.
Happy Birthday Silas!