Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why do I blog?

DSC_0006

I have thought about quitting my blog at times. There are times when it doesn't feel like there is a lot to blog about or that what I want to blog about, may be boring to my readers. But I continue for a few reasons.

I love to take photos and having somewhere to post them encourages me to stretch myself more in this area.

We have no family near us. I want them to be able to see what is going on in our lives.

DSC_0001

I started this blog because of our adoption. Blogs encouraged me throughout our adoption processes and now after as well. It is encouraging to know that I am not alone in some of the issues that we face. I learn from others and I hope some learn from me.

I use to spend hours scrapbooking. I don't have the time or the desire to do this anymore. Every year, I have made my blog into a book. This is our memory book. All of my photos and all of my posts. Each book is from January - December. My first books were printed through Blurb.ca. I now use Blog2print.com. It takes me five minutes to put a book together, for a full year!

9 comments:

Patrick and Christina said...

I love that you blog; love your photo's.

I know that you do it mainly for your family, but you have shared some really valuable information about adoption(s) with all of us. So thankful for how you are open and willing to share. It is a blessing to us.

Hope you keep it up! :)


Dixie Larocque said...

Thank you for keeping up your blogs. As a family member who only gets to spend time with your family about once a year, I love being able to keep up with the growth and developments that happen within your family. Make me feel much closer with all the miles between us.

the meaklims said...

I just love seeing and hearing about your family, books, recipies, photography... Paige.

And the reasons you blog are also the reasons I blog, especially for family and somewhere to include pictures so they can be printed!
Plus another of my reasons, is because my girls won't have anyone to tell them their memories from the first part of their lives, the time they lived in the orphanage - Lilah 18 month and Phebe 2 years. And because of that, I want them to remember everything about the part of their lives when they joined our family.

Although, right now, I am thinking of making a change... still diliberating! :)

Jill

Kim said...

I love that you continue to blog! Don't stop ;)

Kim

Charlotte said...

Though Dad and I read your blog all the time, we rarely comment. We love seeing the pictures of our grandchildren and keeping up to date with some of your family dynamics. Thank you for taking the time to do this blog.

The Riegels said...

Thank you for continuing ... Like other family that doesn't see you all that often, it helps us feel connected.

Marie said...

Ok, so I'm not family...but I love your blog and am often inspired.
It is a quick and neat way to document your pics...I've thought of doing that as well, but the down side is I would have toshare more than I want or have an incomplete book. And that would bother me...:)But then at least some of my pics would be in a book!

Sara said...

Please don't ever quit! The sharing of your experiences with your daughters has helped me immensely with my daughter. I have learned more from your blog that I can put into my daily life parenting Li Lin than from any other blog I read!

Dianne said...

I am glad you continue to blog, Paige!